• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
We rely on Lloyd less than you do Richo.

Fletcher is a gun and our younger players are better than yours.
Yeah, we definitely relied on Richo against you last week. 8-)

And why are you telling me Fletcher is a gun? I know that. But he's not going to be around forever.

Last edited:

Redbacks

International Captain
ahh it's good to read. Sure the standard of footy is better in the AFL but we lost 100+ years of tradition and rivalry with the death of local clubs in SA. The showdown rivalry is a concocted w*** IMO

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Btw dcye, now that a bit of time has passed from what would have been a shattering loss, are you happy Jordan McMahon kicked the goal (for your team's long term gain of a priority pick)?

Its always tough during a game to want to lose, but I smsed one of my best mates who hates Jordan McMahon and is a Melbourne supporter. In the message I wrote "Jordy... what a man" and he replied "Tell him thanks for giving us picks 1 and 2". Was a good reply I thought.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
They havent been that much better over the past month without him. Richo is having more of an influence on games these days than Lloyd.

Sure they beat us but we've been playing **** for a while now, they fell over the line today and gave up a 7 goal start vs North.

More or less Cousins has improved them a fair bit and he won't be round for much longer. Our younger players have shown more.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Btw dcye, now that a bit of time has passed from what would have been a shattering loss, are you happy Jordan McMahon kicked the goal (for your team's long term gain of a priority pick)?
Nah I'm still pissed off, mainly because you played a rat**** second half and needed an extra kick after the siren (not implying he didn't mark it on time btw) to beat a team who had no one on the bench for the whole fourth quarter. I'm happy enough we lost but if we won today and beat Freo in a few weeks I'd be happy, because it's what we deserved.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
They havent been that much better over the past month without him. Richo is having more of an influence on games these days than Lloyd.

Sure they beat us but we've been playing **** for a while now, they fell over the line today and gave up a 7 goal start vs North.

More or less Cousins has improved them a fair bit and he won't be round for much longer. Our younger players have shown more.
Lol, I know you're disappointed that your team ain't making the grade for finals, but how are the Tiges reliant on Richo when he has hardly played this year? Jack Riewoldt is stacks better than Nagle or any other forward the Dons have that isn't on the verge of retirement.

The win on the weekend was sweet. Don't think I could have handled what's happening at Edgbaston if we had also lost to Brisbane. We should take 3rd spot from here, and then the Qualifying Final va Geelong will be massive - hopefully we can piss everyone off and ensure St K and Geelong play each other in a prelim. rather than the GF.

That said, Adelaide is the next challenge. We normally play them pretty well at AAMI, but they're a changed team of late.

Josh

International Regular
Nah I'm still pissed off, mainly because you played a rat**** second half and needed an extra kick after the siren (not implying he didn't mark it on time btw) to beat a team who had no one on the bench for the whole fourth quarter. I'm happy enough we lost but if we won today and beat Freo in a few weeks I'd be happy, because it's what we deserved.
That's footy, mate.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Media beatup to the extreme.

Lovett-Murray would be one of the cleanest and nicest blokes in the AFL + he took both Carr brothers on by himself.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Did laugh how they made a point of saying that Lovett-Murray doesn't smoke, as a defence against the ecstasy tablet being his. Because there are a lot of AFL footballers who smoke I imagine. And only smokers would use a party drug. 8-)

Not saying he's guilty, but it's a weird argument.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Awesome news regarding Cousins.

Am watching the 1997 GF of St Kilda vs. Adelaide.

So awesome seeing McLeod, and Malcolm Blight's coaching in that GF was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.