• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Kicked plenty last year, and he's got another years experience and development. Cloke will generally draw the best backman. Any combo of Anthony, Rusling, Rocca, Reid, Fraser, or Dawes will be the second or third talks respectively. Add in Medhurst and Didak, and goal kicking mids like Davis, Thomas, and now Sidebottom, and most sides are going to struggle to shut all our avenues to goal.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Hmac will be back to his 07 form this year or he won't be in the side...Goldy is ready to explode and we can just use Petrie/Josh Smith for a chop out if necessary.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Collingwood to win by 20 tomorrow night.

We're taking this pre-season cup much more seriously than anyone else, look for us to fall in a heap in June, before hopefully rallying a bit coming into September.

Mick wants a bit of silverware by the end of the year. Hopefully, if we do win, the group will see it as simply a nice bonus along the path they're meant to be working, and not fall into a Carlton/St. Kilda style hole with it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Absolutely laughable.
What's that? More Essendon cheerleading from Mike? No way.

Simmonds had a terrific 2006 (unlucky to miss All Australian, was the 2nd best ruckman that year to Lade) and a very very impressive 2008 considering the fact that he was unbelievably ill in 2007, and looked like his career may be in strife.

Why can't you state why Hille is better, and we'll have a proper discussion, rather than you post Essendon bull**** here all the time.

I believe Simmonds, at his peak, is a better mobile ruckman up forward. Hille has had one terrific year, and has done nothing to back it up yet. He could be terrific again this year, but we'll have to wait and see.

He was the biggest joke of a captain ever in 2006. I find it funny you make fun of Maxwell, when you had Hille missing from 10m in front costing your team a win against Richmond. Great captain.

Craig

World Traveller
Was at Brisbane v Richmond earlier, I swear the crowd was at least 75% Richmond, and we are on the Gold Coast.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
TBF to Collingwood, their chances went with the loss of Leigh Brown with injury. Must be a big worry for them ahead of R1, first name on the team sheet.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
If nothing else, I've been stoked this preseason by what I've seen of Beams and Sidebottom - look like two genuinely exciting additions to a midfield that's been solidly blue collar since Buckley stopped being a regular. Pendlebury and Marty Clarke both looking ready to take the next step as well.

Clarke is so amazing for a guy who only started playing two years ago. Hoping he can become a genuine star this year.

Would have beennice to win a trophy, but looking good for the season proper, albeit with a big chunk of caution at reading too much into preseason form.

Well played Geelong btw, still such an awesome team with Selwood, Ablett, Bartel, Scarlett, etc etc etc

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
For Beams and Sidebottom and read Zeibell and Anthony for us...problem is Laidley will probably banish them to the VFL for most of the year

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Weird thought for late at night procrastination while trying to avoid packing - funny how so many of Geelong's guns have double-letters in their name:
Ablett
Scarlett
Selwood
Mooney
Ottens

EDIT: ****, might be the lamest post I've ever made...

Last edited:

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Weird thought for late at night procrastination while trying to avoid packing - funny how so many of Geelong's guns have double-letters in their name:
Ablett
Scarlett
Selwood
Mooney
Ottens

EDIT: ****, might be the lamest post I've ever made...
Thought of more:

James Kelly
Max Rooke

Status
Not open for further replies.