• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
benchmark00 said:
Howat getting a game this week, McNamara.
Sure is. Have to miss it though because I'm playing footy the same day.

However, to make up for it, I'm going to go on his table at the Richmond Footy Club's Poker Night on Saturday night. Watch me call Nathan Brown's bluff, any day of the week. :cool:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
St. Kilda v West Coast
Carlton v Melbourne
Richmond v Western Bulldogs
Sydney v Essendon
Adelaide v Collingwood
Brisbane v Geelong
Kangaroos v Port Adelaide
Fremantle v Hawthorn

Fremantle due to screw up soon.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jono said:
Kerr... what a star.

Kerr in the 10 best players in the league?
Ofcourse.

He was runner-up in the brownlow last year.

Saints played absolutely horrible football tonight, looked as flat as a biscuit. If they played like they did tonight they wouldn't beat 80% of the teams in the competition.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
benchmark00 said:
Ofcourse.

He was runner-up in the brownlow last year.
Whilst I completely agree that he is a top 10 player, I don't think the Brownlow is always a great indicator and it doesn't 'work' as a barometer of who are the guns, well maybe for midfielders it does. Forwards and key backmen get the short end of the stick though.

Who would the best 10 be off the top of your head? I'll do mine, and I know I'm very likely to miss out on plenty but that's life.

Judd
J Brown
Hall
Pavlich
Riewoldt
Brad Johnson
Cox
Kerr
McLeod
Cousins

Verry very rough. I left Tredrea and Nathan Brown out due to injury, but I think they're both up there when fully fit. They were both great last year, and obviously years before that. This also isn't based on 2006 alone, but more the past 2-3 years.

I don't have any key position backmen in there because I don't think there have been absolute consistent stand outs (probably Fletcher and Hudghton come the closest). Michael and Scarlett have dropped off a bit, Rutten only made a name for himself last year, Glass too. But every year the 'gun' seems to change if you get what I mean.

I'm sure I left some gun midfielders out as well, like Bruce, Dal, Ball, Hodge, Goody, Edwards, West, Power etc. I didn't include greats coming to an end as well like Bucks, Ricciuto but they are obviously still going strong. Others like Hird, Grant, Harvey, Voss etc. are still clearly brilliant on their day, but have clearly declined.

benchmark00

Judd
J. Brown
Riewoldt
Cousins
Pavlich
Dal Santo
West
Hall
Kerr
Goodwin

Argh, it's impossible, because on their day Rucciuto, Hird and Buckley are the best in the league and a class above, but on a consistent basis they don't do that these days so I left them out and went for on a consistency basis over the last couple of years. I'm a bit bias towards key forwards because they're the most influential players on a team.

ash chaulk

International Captain
judd
riewoldt
ruccitio (far out how do you spell that lol)
cousins
pavlich
hall
goodwin
kerr
west
goodes

off the top of my head

cameeel

International Captain
Melbourne are absolutely useless.

Losing to bloody Carlton again, even without Johnstone,Pickett, and Davey that's embarrassing.

I now predict that Melbourne will finish 4th and travel to Adelaide in Round 22 and in week 1 of the finals.

Adelaide
West Coast
St. Kilda
Melbourne
Sydney
Collingwood
Fremantle
Western Bulldogs

cameeel

International Captain
Top 10 (no order):

Chris Judd
Mark Riccuito
Cameron Bruce
Barry Hall
Scott West
Brendan Fevola
Jonathon Brown
Matthew Pavlich
Daniel Kerr
James Hird

pasag

RTDAS
Haha bloody brilliant. Carlton are amazing. We rule yeah!!! A few new recruits next year and we may even break into the top 14.

My top 10 are:

Judd
Cousins
Kerr
Ruccutio
West
Fevola
Johnson
Pavlich
Riewoldt
Goodes

None of them would hold a candle to the top ten of ten years ago though.

Carn the blues. Pity about the draft pick though.

pasag

RTDAS
Adelaide v Collingwood was a real quality game.

Basset got AFL record of 22 marks. Even more amazing becuase the ball was wet.

benchmark00

pasag said:
Adelaide v Collingwood was a real quality game.

Basset got AFL record of 22 marks. Even more amazing becuase the ball was wet.
How many were contested?

It wasn't a Patty and Joel Bowden effort was it?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
How many were contested?

It wasn't a Patty and Joel Bowden effort was it?
Pretty much. Broke Richo's record of 21 marks in a game though, and should score 170 odd in Dream Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.