• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6th Match - New Zealand v Scotland

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't complain about Anderson's start to the WC;

75 runs @ a SR of 163 & 5 wickets @ 7.20 & ER 4.4. :blink:

As a regular knocker of his short-form bowling, I have to admit he's improved out of sight of late.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Almost as if that was premeditated by McCullum.

At least Taylor gets a decent knock. Really want to see him looking busy & rotating the strike early on.

ajdude

International Coach
imagine if williamson's name was actually taylor, then there'd be taylor bowling to taylor and taylor

Flem274*

123/5
Scotland have one of the better attacks outside the top 8 teams too, especially if you disregard their fifth bowling mashup. If Evans played ahead of a batsman (which was very possible given the strength of the lower order) it'd be right up there.
Yeah I've been thinking these guys don't look half bad. I'm not familiar with their county achievements but they look like the sort of blokes to take 7fers in division 2 and be solid enough in division 1 or the Plunket Shield.

And as I say that the new bowler Davey sends it down leg. wac.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Not a great effort from Milne from the sounds of things. Mitch must be rating his chances of a recall for Friday.

MAD MAX

Cricket Spectator
Not a great effort from Milne from the sounds of things. Mitch must be rating his chances of a recall for Friday.
I heard they were just going keep playing milne till either he broke down or went so bad they were forced to rotate through performance so maybe. not good when anderson takes 3 and your 1st change when they are all of 20 for 4 and you dont take any

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I've been thinking these guys don't look half bad. I'm not familiar with their county achievements but they look like the sort of blokes to take 7fers in division 2 and be solid enough in division 1 or the Plunket Shield.
Yeah the seamers have all basically been in the 'fringe players in good teams / solid players in poor teams' category at county level. Majid Haq has never played county cricket but I'm not sure why; he's quite arguably the best of the lot. Really gives it a rip in the right conditions too; fun to watch.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I heard they were just going keep playing milne till either he broke down or went so bad they were forced to rotate through performance so maybe. not good when anderson takes 3 and your 1st change when they are all of 20 for 4 and you dont take any
From hawkeye, it looks like he wasn't bowling especially quick either averaging around 142 and a top speed of 147 (you can't blame it on a slow speed gun either given that Corey and Southee were both clocked at close to 145). I wonder whether he's still worried about his side strain and isn't confident about really throwing everything into his delivery stride, or whether he's just struggling for rythym.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
You keep playing Milne and either catch him on that upward trend or are forced to drop him, which will not be the end of the world with McCleneghan in the wings.

Flem274*

123/5
ross taylor continuing his tradition of not scoring any runs in easy situations/against teams New Zealand are expected to beat

in saying that cribbot is right. haq looks a bowler.