• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Kane hasn't got his points for the double hundy at Hagley Oval but if Smith gets 2 centuries in this match he (SS) might go back to no 1.

Currently KDub is on 890, Kohli 879 and Smith 877.

Will also be interesting to see where Jamieson ranks amongst allrounders when it is updated (currently 10th).

Gob

International Coach
I thought they were praising KW for the way he carries himself and how he is one of NZ's greatest sports people etc. Didn't hear anything disparaging regards to his ranking unless I missed it all together

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think they were 1-0 down going into the last test so were going for the win. But still that was hard on them
Yeah it was alpha cricket from Graeme Smith. Remember feeling bad for them. That was Ricky Ponting's hundred in both innings in his 100th test

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty crazy that Kane, Sam Cane, and Peter Burling were all only a year apart at Tauranga Boys HS. Probably NZ's 3 top male sports captains.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stuart Clark on the radio this morning posed the not unreasonable question of “How do you do a 45 minute warm up then drop the second ball of the day?”

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Unpopular opinion I guess - I think something seems to be off about Steve Smith's batting. It's not the same as I recall it in 2017. Does not mean he is not gonna make runs but I get the feeling you will see a lot more failures and single figure scores than during that 2014-2017 run. Seems to be going back further than usual and throwing his hands at the ball a bit more.

Has played excellently here though, especially the way he has countered the variable bounce late yesterday. This session could be the one where Aus decide to get a move on. Hopefully India take a few wickets in that rush and remain competitive, as otherwise this can get out of hand very easily.

Gob

International Coach
Unpopular opinion I guess - I think something seems to be off about Steve Smith's batting. It's not the same as I recall it in 2017. Does not mean he is not gonna make runs but I get the feeling you will see a lot more failures and single figure scores than during that 2014-2017 run. Seems to be going back further than usual and throwing his hands at the ball a bit more.
Could be a change made to adapt to the conditions. He does do that a lot

Spark

Global Moderator

Has played excellently here though, especially the way he has countered the variable bounce late yesterday. This session could be the one where Aus decide to get a move on. Hopefully India take a few wickets in that rush and remain competitive, as otherwise this can get out of hand very easily.
Kimber had a piece the other day pointing out that people are bowling shorter and straighter to him and he's having a lot more difficulty scoring off those balls. It's an interesting thesis tbh, not sure if I buy it though - seems very much a consequence facing so much Wagner more than anything else.

EDIT: Also, India bowled good, disciplined stuff in that session. It makes sense that he'd be trying to manufacture runs a bit more tbh.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
68 runs in 30 overs when time is short is yuck.
I'm fairly sure they're just setting themselves up to go for runs in the next session. 68 runs for the loss of 1 wicket with a session to bat is better than 90 for the loss of 5-6 wickets going for the lash. It's not a completely flat deck.