• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

wrongun

Banned
Instead of trying to sledge Head, Stokes should focus on shutting his mouth or encouraging his own players. Brainless really.

Spark

Global Moderator
Lot to be said for prep. That A tour had blokes over there for ages and the fast bowlers said in an interview they’ve been planning for it for about 12 months
Oh yeah definitely. The last India tour too, even if we didn't win. Always felt that this series was a priority over the WC.

Last edited:

tanglewood

Cricket Spectator
To truly put England's comedic humiliation in perspective: "Over in Antigua, Ishant Sharma has faced 59 balls against West Indies - 10 more than any of England's batsmen managed in their first innings"
Not watching that game obviously, but I suspect the conditions are a fair bit trickier in Leeds.

wrongun

Banned
Many great things happened on that tour of India. Steve Smith hundred in Pune and Dharamsala, ownership of Virat Kohli, Lyon bowling great spells, Cummins coming back in the 3rd Test for Starc and essentially making his test comeback, Peter Handscomb and SMarsh playing out a draw in Ranchi.

The 4th innings of the 2nd Bangalore Test was where the series was lost. Fine Margins.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's kind of curious, tbh. Langer infuriates me and Paine is neither a Test standard batsman, not that good a keeper and not a good tactical captain either, and yet for the first time since 2001 we actually feel like we're playing with a general approach and gameplan that's actually suited to English conditions. So they probably deserve huge credit for that.
Coaching ability doesn't matter much as long as the team likes the bloke, I guess. No one rates or likes Shastri, but we've had good results under him.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Labuschagne has been so much better than every other batsman in this match.
Marnus has been playing county cricket for months now and it shows.
It maybe does look as if actually playing FC cricket is the best preparation for tests! Madness, but there it is.

It's probably not coincidental that Burns is England's highest run maker either.

Prioritise white ball cricket and this is what happens...

wrongun

Banned
LMAO Stokes still chirping....so so SAD. We love that shot Leachy.....Wonder what words he has for that peach Root put down. Head should make them pay along with Marnus.

Spark

Global Moderator
I guess if you're going to replace Smith you have to bring your own idiosycransy to the table. Running commentary on the delivery he's facing seems to be Labuschagne's

Neptune

State Vice-Captain
Root... dear god. This game is lost now surely. Shame as I was looking forward to watching some cricket over the bank holiday.