• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Match - West Indies v Pakistan at Trent Bridge

Aaron510

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Just wanted to remind you all that pak is on losing streak. it will not change any time soon with the current bowling line up that they have!!! lol

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
West Indies appear to be favorites based on their big hitters and Pakistan's recent losing streak. However,writing off Pak will be at one's peril.

smash84

The Tiger King
i am somewhat looking forward to this match. Not sure why, maybe because being a Pakistani fan you know that most likely this team will get thrashed but there is always that tiny teeny hope that they wake up on the right side of the bed and blow everybody away.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Windies stood up to the same English side that whitewashed Pakistan, so they're clear favourites for mine.

Pakistan's batting and lower order hackiness has been doing alright though so they're definitely in with a decent chance.

PikeyB

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'd guess West Indies are coming in a bit part-baked as a team . Honestly it'll warm my cold dead heart seeing the old guard back for a final time . Got a lot of time for that Shimron Hetmyer fella too.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Very important game for two teams ranked outside the top four, but who are still realistic chances of making the semis if they have very good tournaments. Winner will be on track while the loser will have a very hard time and need to knock over several of the top teams to make it.
This exactly. This game will be very crucial as it will be almost a knock-out punch for the team which loses today.

smash84

The Tiger King
This exactly. This game will be very crucial as it will be almost a knock-out punch for the team which loses today.
good point, it is going to get much harder for both teams from here since Aus, Eng, and Ind will be much tougher challenges and losing this might just be the knockout punch. Tough situation to start in.

flibbertyjibber

Huge game this one as Pakistan have a pretty tough start to the group with England and Aussies in their opening 4 games so can't really afford to drop points today as the pressure may well be on them big time by the time they meet India and Windies also have a rough start with Aussies, Saffers and England straight after this game. Not going to be easy playing catch up for either side if results go as most would expect after today.

Anyway i will see very little as I am off to bed in a minute, work sucks.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Excited for this one. Gayle should have a field day on this deck later on. Reckon we're going to get a good game today.

ajdude

International Coach
that was a real bizarre 30 seconds or so where the audio ****ed up on the hafeez interview

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Holder said Lewis and Gabriel weren't fit but said nothing about Roach. Seriously weird if they've just not selected him. They might not have qualified it he didn't play that qualifying tournament.

_Ed_

Did they just reduce the number of teams to 10 so it worked perfectly with the countdown on the big screen?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Holder said Lewis and Gabriel weren't fit but said nothing about Roach. Seriously weird if they've just not selected him. They might not have qualified it he didn't play that qualifying tournament.
Seriously dropping Roach is a ridiculous call when Brathwaite and Thomas are playing.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Fakhar seems to be in good touch today. Just hope that he doesn't hit one in the lap of a boundary fielder.