• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2023-24 Australian domestic cricket season

Spark

Global Moderator
Anyway it's pretty obvious that Green is still obviously too good for this level of cricket, but also that he still isn't a great starter. So nothing we didn't already know.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Green and Marsh really need to both play . . . somehow

Make one of them keep?

Seriously though maybe if one of the quicks is injured they can both play? 2 quicks, Lyon + Green/Marsh doesn't look too bad even if it's a bowler short of ideal

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's only Pakistan and West Indies we could probably pick Green and Marsh as our only 2 bowlers and sweep the summer

Oh and then there's Neser too. Pick them all

(as I say at the start of every summer, drop Starc)

edit: and Lyon. Head can be our spinner (or Maxwell even)

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Neser's in a bit of a strange place right now. Had that real gun run with the bat to start the season, but he really hasn't taken anything like the level of wickets one would usually expect.

Having watched a fair bit of him this season, I certainly wouldn't say he's been bowling badly per se, but conversely isn't quite at his very best. Hasn't really seemed to been generating the same level of nip off the seam he has got at times in the past. Maybe a little slower too, but it is hard to tell

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would say that’s an unbelievably poor performance from NSW but it’s actually standard for them

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Who is this short left hander batting for Tasmania at the moment, and what did he do to the real Jake Doran

Seriously though, interesting approach

Spark

Global Moderator
I didn't see any of the first half of the NSW game. Did Owen just play filthy random slogs which made the NSW bowlers' lose their heads to get his score? Because that was about as disgusting a four ball innings as you can see.