• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2022-2023 New Zealand First-Class Draft

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
It looks like Chewie collects his 350 Sodhi points, even though he didn't select for them! Young being in the touring squad activates Chewie's bench.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Writer of the rules never expected a New Zealand Test player to be languishing on a bench, clearly. Not a very good one, anyway.

That YouTube commenter who kept telling me Sodhi belonged in Tests (and that Santner belonged in 1980s Rick Astley videos) couldn't be feeling more vindicated than he is right now.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
To be honest, I think this second and third part probably adequately covers what happened last week with Young, and it doesn't activate the reserves bench for him. I'm feeling generous because I'm more or less out of the running for first place, but I'll leave it up to Vandem and others whether the 350 points haul was fair.

vandem

International 12th Man
I am OK for Sodhi's scores to count, based on the 1st rule quoted by Kippax. To me this rule prioritises first class / test cricket over white ball cricket (e.g. Matt Henry gets a sub if 12/13th in test squad, but no sub for someone like Chapman / Tickner if 12th/13th for NZ ODI/T20I).

"A team of eleven, with five reserves who are activated for games missed to injury, illness, suspension, retirement, most types of absence (e.g. with a Test squad (not LOI or T20I), personal reasons, a mainstay or kingpin"

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I think the Chewie position differs because there's a lack of realistic game on the schedule that was missed by Young due to his tour spot. The Stags are only playing T20 back home.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Blundell can only eke out another 100 pts max for him, but I can see a path for Athlai to take it out. Sears probably needs to stay injured, and this would let Athlai fill out his bench with the new Firebirds prodigy (perhaps crucially, not raised in Wellington...) to emerge today.

Team owners for Joe Carter, Cam Fletcher and Michael Rae, please post links to tweets etc. with what they're currently out with.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Blundell can only eke out another 100 pts max for him, but I can see a path for Athlai to take it out. Sears probably needs to stay injured, and this would let Athlai fill out his bench with the new Firebirds prodigy (perhaps crucially, not raised in Wellington...) to emerge today.

Team owners for Joe Carter, Cam Fletcher and Michael Rae, please post links to tweets etc. with what they're currently out with.
http://instagr.am/p/CpDzP38SqHv/

vandem

International 12th Man
Carter groin / quad injury in Ford Trophy final round game, retired hurt, came back at fall of 9th wicket.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
So is anyone with one bench space left taking Abbas?

Sears update: Bowled four overs in a club 50-over final yesterday.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Keen for someone to register for the ODT digital edition or use a paywall bypass to post this article in the thread.