• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good day of cricket. Entertainment only test cricket can provide. ATG innings. Pattinson looked sharp.

flibbertyjibber

He's never been super express, but he gets bounce and hits the bat particularly hard.
No but he in 13 he could hit 90mph when he wanted I doubt he will do that now bar the odd gun fault or real effort ball which he may not use often due to his injury record.

hazsa19

International Regular
Would’ve taken it at the start of the day, but feels like a bad day for us now. Root needs to score big runs, because let’s face it he’s not winning any awards for his captaincy. Woeful.

Spark

Global Moderator
England have done exactly the same thing to tailend batsmen + set top order batsman combos across three captains for a decade now.

Given how rigid and almost doctrinal England can be tactically, surely they're doing it this way because they've worked out in advance that this is how it's going to be done.

91Jmay

International Coach
Aussies day but not by a huge amount. Not losing a pole before close was crucial, if these two can scrape through 10 overs I’d take it.

Uppercut

What’s Root supposed to have done wrong? Warne on comms was talking pure shite about the field to Smith.

Spark

Global Moderator
What’s Root supposed to have done wrong? Warne on comms was talking pure shite about the field to Smith.
I mean the tactics were pretty bad. Short of how he did eventually get out i.e. slogging a straight one and missing, they really looked like they stopped trying to get him out. They couldn't even really keep him off strike for any extended period.

hazsa19

International Regular
The whole approach was absurd. It wasn’t as if Smith was racing along, until they spread the field and stopped bowling with any purpose to him.