• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Aus vs India, Adelaide oval 17th-21st December

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pujara's batting against Lyon has an element of luck to it but there's proper technique behind it. When there's no leg slip, he plays with his bat out in front so any edges dont pop up and the inside edge goes safely down leg. The ones that have popped up off a front foot thrust and gone into no man's land, sure thats fortunate. But many of those are amplified by Paine crying 'catch it' like a dumbass to anything even remotely close to hitting the bat
Nah it was luck, especially when they were just evading the leg slip that was in place.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would sacrifice my non-dominant thumb for this kid to stay fit and able to bowl at this pace for 10 years while batting top six

Starfighter

If they can get 10-12 overs a day out of Green I'll be happy. That's one less short spell for the main three, and though he could stick to a more consistent length it's very useful stuff.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
At times, the way Green goes through his action reminds me of Botham, which does not bode well for remaining injury-free.

Flem274*

123/5
green is the most casual 140+ bowler ive seen. even niche otago bowler jimmy mcmillan gave it away by hucking it down with his shoulder.

Burgey

green is the most casual 140+ bowler ive seen. even niche otago bowler jimmy mcmillan gave it away by hucking it down with his shoulder.
Archer a good shout for this award ino. Though he only sort of tries about 50% of the time

Starfighter

The way Rahane props forward and goes hard at the ball like that. I know this generation of Indian batsmen are not so supreme against spin as the previous, but how do you end up with a technique like that there?

Burgey

Lol “Big baby giraffe” from one of the close fielders as Green struggles to bend down and pick up a ground ball.