• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

17th Match - Australia v Pakistan

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

91Jmay

International Coach
Aus middle to lower order is dire. Amir was outstanding from start to finish, absolute hard carry of the attack.

Aus have more than enough runs though imo.

smash84

The Tiger King
I'm not sure that the deck was a 350 deck. 300 might be 20 runs too many.
Seems more like the kind of wicket that gets harder to bat on as the day progresses. I can't see Pakistan getting more than 250 here.

Also Australia should have had much lower score had it not been the awful fielding. This is not a 300 wicket by any stretch.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
It's Taunton, in five minutes it could be playing like a lane of the Hume or turning square.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
The difference between 300 and 350, which seemed imminent at one stage, is that Pak can now afford to be completely old school in their approach. Whether they can is to be seen, but these batsmen did make the adjustment to the short ball after the WI demolition, so they're not exactly mental bunnies.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And let's not pin too much blame on maxi. Contributed as much as marsh, khawjawa and Carey, just did it in the blink of an eye
He’s just as responsible as everyone else mate. Had a mile of time and was too loose.

I think this is too many if Australia booed good areas. If we bowl too short then it’ll be a game.

Burgey

Also, if Ussie is going to float around like that, it just doesn’t suit him imo. Doesn’t have the requisite gears. I suspect they’re they’re doing the left/ right thing with he and Smith depending on who gets out. Either Ussie or Darsh needs to go and MMarsh (assuming stoinis is out) in.

Warner
Finch
Khawaja/ Darsh
Smith
Maxwell
Carey
MMarsh
Cooter-Nile
Starc
Cummins
Zampa/ Lyon

Imho

morgieb

Also, if Ussie is going to float around like that, it just doesn’t suit him imo. Doesn’t have the requisite gears. I suspect they’re they’re doing the left/ right thing with he and Smith depending on who gets out. Either Ussie or Darsh needs to go and MMarsh (assuming stoinis is out) in.

Warner
Finch
Khawaja/ Darsh
Smith
Maxwell
Carey
MMarsh
Cooter-Nile
Starc
Cummins
Zampa/ Lyon

Imho
I'd think I'd take Darsh if Khawaja isn't opening. At least S Marsh can be aggressive if you give him time and is good at rotating the strike. Khawaja doesn't have the second string to his bow.

Spikey

"well see if he gives himself a go" mate, arun finch has been warming up to bowl since he got out

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Remember that point when Fakhar Zaman had like an 80 average after 1,000 runs? Good to see normality has been restored. Going below 50 now and probably won't go back up again based on shots like that