• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shaun Tait quits cricket

adharcric

International Coach
WTF? I'm not sure what's going on here. Surely there must be something rather deepseated because this is utterly baffling.

Either there are rather comprehensive psychological issues which have been with him for a long time or he's one of the most mentally weak sportsmen ever to grace a field, court or rink.

Then again, the latter could be a result of the former.
Watson no longer the softest cricketer in Australia.
Stop jumping to conclusions.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Stop jumping to conclusions.
How was my post jumping to conclusions? I was throwing some thoughts out there - certainly wasn't saying my ideas were exactly what had happened.

****, I hate the sugary-sweetness bull**** on here sometimes.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
And so can Mister Wright.

Lol, criticise Wright's post all you like, but bringing out the 'free country' line is a bit over the top.
Sorry, I didn't meant it like that. I just meant that he can chose whether he plays or not, it's just a job. If he doesn't want to play, it's not soft. It's just a choice.

adharcric

International Coach
Surely I don't need a 'Richard Disclaimer' for most of my posts...or do I?
In that case, never mind.
How was my post jumping to conclusions? I was throwing some thoughts out there - certainly wasn't saying my ideas were exactly what had happened.

****, I hate the sugary-sweetness bull**** on here sometimes.
Yet your post suggested clearly that this must all be a result of him being either weak or fragile and disturbed. If it didn't, whatever I CBF discussing it anymore.
That's ridiculous. It's a free country, he can do what he likes.
:laugh:

Salixiscool

Cricket Spectator
Wow this came out of nowhere... I guess it explains his performance in perth. I rather he do this and comes back fresh in 5 years or so then trudge on like this and keep on performing badly. Hope he recovers soon

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My missus has just raised the suggestion (an interesting one, which I can take no credit for) that maybe the allegations against his bowling action have put a little bit more pressure on him than he could take. Certainly, the time frame is similar, but I'm sceptical that this could be anything to do with his decision.

Laurrz

International Debutant
this is strange because he is comfortably in amongst our ODI side and in the fringe of a test spot
wow...

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Very sad news, with the ODI's coming up we now dont get to see Tait and Lee hammering the Indian and Sri Lankan batsmen together.

Hopefully he will work everything out and be back next season.

Flem274*

123/5
Hmmm so the Aussie attack is now, Lee, Clark, Johnson, Hogg, and possibly Noffke?

Right, next season when we play you lot I hope our batting is sorted out properly and not all injured for once, especially if Lee ain't playing. Pace is what we have a question mark against and now no more Tait. Every NZ opener will be rejoicing in the streets tonight I bet:laugh: