• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should England forget about Trescothick?

Should england forget about Trescothick?

• Yes

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Don't care - the whole saga's boring anyway

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Exactly what I meant, TBH, I just picked 2 of the worst players I've ever seen who happened to play for Somerset.

Seriously, you're almost as bad as Beevs. :laugh::p
:-O I'm not joking about Woody! He's a mate of mine, so lay off.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nicky Peng used to be a mate of mine too, TBH.

Surely the fact he's a mate of yours doesn't preclude you from realising he's nowhere near a county-standard bowler though?

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Exactly what I meant, TBH, I just picked 2 of the worst players I've ever seen who happened to play for Somerset.
Haha, WTF. The guy's played three First-Class games and while his figures are extremely poor it's incredibly harsh to base such a judgment...as well as putting him in the same league of Gazzard who's played quite a bit of First-Class cricket and has always been well....rubbish. :mellow:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It was so, so obvious that he was not county-standard, TBH. Rarely seen it so obvious.

Anna

Oh and you know everything about every cricketer that's ever played, don't you? Seriously, do you get off on being such a pedantic w*nker?

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
It was so, so obvious that he was not county-standard, TBH. Rarely seen it so obvious.
Richard, you do know that people (or cricketers) can get better at something. You never know, at the start of next season he might take bagfuls of wickets. That's why cricket is such a fascinating game imo cause nothing is a forgone conclusion (look at Ottis Gibson)

Edit - Apart From Saj and Liam. :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sometimes it's obvious what will and won't change.

Some things (and players) are bad beyond repair.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh FFS this is ridiculous Richard. Why can't you be bloody flexible?. Just because you saw him bowl poor don't mean that's what he's gonna be like for his whole career.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I wasn't actually deliberately winding you up TBH, you just seem quite highly strung when it comes to criticising Somerset players.

Annnnnnnnyway, can see myself being told I should know better here TBH, so that's my last word on the matter.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh FFS this is ridiculous Richard. Why can't you be bloody flexible?. Just because you saw him bowl poor don't mean that's what he's gonna be like for his whole career.
Because, as I said, players cannot go from totally hopeless to good. You'd know if you watched me (as you did a couple of days ago) that I'm never going to be a county-standard bowler.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
You'd know if you watched me (as you did a couple of days ago) that I'm never going to be a county-standard bowler.
The situation between Dickinson and Woodman is slighty different...

Let me explain...

Woodman - could go from being poor to reasonable as he has bowled at first class meaning he must be able to bowl at bit.

Dickinson - has no chance as you've not played a high enough standard of cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You could argue that Woodman should never have played county First-XI cricket either. Even Richard Hingston didn't have much trouble with him, and he's a mere ex-Somerset Youth player.

Anna

You could argue that Woodman should never have played county First-XI cricket either. Even Richard Hingston didn't have much trouble with him, and he's a mere ex-Somerset Youth player.
Woody is a decent bowler, he's just had problems with various injuries over the past couple of seasons. I think it's his back atm.