• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Code:
[B]**OD**						
The Chef de Groot Trophy						
Team			P	W	L	Bonus	Pts	NRR[/B]
Cricket Web Black	18	11	7	9	53	0.24
Cricket Web Green	18	10	8	9	49	0.07
Cricket Web Red		18	9	9	6	42	-0.18
Cricket Web Blue	18	6	12	12	36	-0.12
Good race for the top spot. Red starting to mount a challenge too. Blue a fair way out, but a strong finish could speak differently.
Crucial bonus point in today's win - great all-round effort from Mike.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Monday 7th March

CW Green v CW Black
at the SCG

One of the most enthralling games in Dev League history saw Green pull off a very crucial win over Black despite a tremendous fightback by the home side. Black returned from 54/4 facing a first innings deficit of 210 to post a target of 199.

After the top order fell away, David Kearsley played his typical anchor role and Mike Wilson played another breezy hundred. Chaulk and Thompson made useful contributions, but a partnership of 93 runs for 9th wicket between Bhatia and Richards was the real source of Green frustration. Bhatia got to his first half-century of the season and helped the total past 400.

Green chased admirably, with nigh****chman Nathan Hoy the biggest impactor. He scored the only half-century in the innings and truly held things together for Green. Black had earlier won the toss and batted first in good conditions. Alas, they could not handle Timewell and Hoy striking form at the same time and fell to 147 all out.

In reply, every lineup change by Andrew Garven appeared a masterstroke. Malone was at his glorious best in getting a half-century at the top of the innings. Anthony Lezama was solid in the middle order and Nicholas Rose showed form in the lower order. Yet it was Verghese who really had a point to prove. Batting higher than he has all season, the veteran allrounder stroked a beautiful century among the total of 357 all out.

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 147 all out
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 357 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 408 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 200 for 6
Cricket Web Green won by 4 wkts.

Man of the Match: NS Hoy

CW Red v CW Blue
at the PDV Dome

A keenly contested game between two evenly matched teams ended in a tame draw. Cricket Web Red, set 308 runs to win in 54 overs, finished 136/3 at the close. Blue won the toss and batted first as has become the standard at home.

Camps was out for a duck and Fitzsimmons never got on top of the bowling, but Cloete's century at number 3 was inspiration enough for a score of 381 all out. Not to be discredited is Sean Fuller, who's unbeaten half-century really helped to push on. Dave Watt and David Kennett shared 7 wickets.

The Red reply was pretty solid overall. Zaid Ghansar's 91 in the opener's slot was the main push, but Mørk, Dauth, Dobson and Robbins all got starts. However, Red looked to be struggling slightly at 230/6. It was then that the spirit of Red cricket was truly displayed. Sean Bennett played an anchor role in a partnership of 103 with Nick Borcich, who scored a mature half-century. Red ultimately made 342.

Batting a second time, Blue heard the typical story from Fitzsimmons, who knocked a very classy century in 268/5 declared. At number 5, de Silva also contributed heavily, with 86 not out when Camps called things closed. The declaration was cautious, but considerations of the flat nature of the pitch and previous misfortune influenced the decision. Red started positively, but could not keep up the OD rate required and ultimately Mørk settled in for an unbeaten half-century.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 381 all out
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 342 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 268 for 5 dec.
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 136 for 3
Test Match Drawn.

Man of the Match: AP Cloete

Attachments

Loony BoB

International Captain
Hoy you little legend, batting up the order and making the most of it. :D And great stuff, Verghese! Brilliant bowling in the first innings too, bit of a shame about the second time around but hey, a win is a win. ;) Great game.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
again, not great Blacks, we showed Character after being right out of it in the first innings but in the end it wasn't good enough, great knocks in the second innings from Kears, Sangrah and Chosen - AND NEIL - 12* from 28!

We'd better be better next time!

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Great to break the losing sequence with a win over black. Now lets build on this and finish the season off on fire.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmmmm...Thought we should have gone after that total, ah well, a draw is better than a loss, especially to Blue.

Some very fine perforances from some members of the side. Very disapointed I couldn't get a wicket for the whole match... :@

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
308 to win in 54 overs was fairly impossible to be fair - especially with me at the crease. And in all honesty, that match was as even as they come.

Borcich's 70 one of the highlights, along with Ghansar reining himself in for 91 - bowling could have been better but Blue have a strong batting line-up at the moment. Pleased with my average-boosting 71* - 6 an over just isn't sustainable for 54 overs without serious backfiring.

Need to beat Green though lads - we're 45 points (i.e. 3 points - a win and a draw - with a reasonably normal count).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
superkingdave said:
again, not great Blacks, we showed Character after being right out of it in the first innings but in the end it wasn't good enough, great knocks in the second innings from Kears, Sangrah and Chosen - AND NEIL - 12* from 28!

We'd better be better next time!
Time to get the four day performances back around, guys, seamers really aren't firing as they could. I have been working on my batting, Dave :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Another battling Reds performance, lost count of the number of times we've done that sort of thing.

The fiath we paid in Bennett yet again pays off :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Unfortunate that we couldn't manage a win, but it was a draw with lots of good signs of continued form. Nice to see Andrew hitting top form and Simon and De Silva continuing to play well. Nice bowling by Liam as well.

Don

State Vice-Captain
ok greens see what 6 hrs of work does for the team.now were gonna do 6 1/2 ill be doiing 7 cuz i played like shiat

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
a draw aint so bad, well done to andy for his ton, pretty pleased with mine, 7th century for the season i think...

Travis_Teh

International Regular
I hate it when i bowl like an old grandma without any form of penetration in my spells....

grrr...

I dropped three catches too, sorry Nath, most were off you.

Well batted cloete, fitzsimmons, fuller and de silva.

I hate draws, there needs to be broken stumps flying around past the slips quarden and such....not boring batsmen blocking the game away :P

grrr.... ;)