• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sunday 6th March

CW Green v CW Black
at the SCG

A successful return for Chris Broadbent undermined the Green top order and set ground work for a crucial Black victory. Wilson did finish with more wickets, but his came in the slog at the end, whilst Broadbent had Garven, Goff and Lezama among his victims in Green's 211 all out.

However, CW Green was not about to sit down and slide to defeat. Indeed, Nathan Hoy struck back with 3 wickets and Black was 47/4. Alas, Mike Wilson and Zafar Mohammed were united. Mohammed stood firm in the partnership of 77, but Wilson was swashbuckling in 92 not out, taking the bowlers on via the aerial route on a regular basis.

Garven took 2 late wickets with his part-time seam, but it was not enough. Black won by 3 wickets with the better part of 14 overs in hand.

Man of the Match: MW Wilson

CW Red v CW Blue
at the PDV Dome

CW Red posted a dominant 308/4 after being sent in, and the high demand of scoring constantly plagued the Blue chase, as it fell short by 41 runs. Indeed, the chase looked completely doomed to mediocrity when the hundred was registered in the 25th over with 5 wickets down. Wilshere and Jellett made other plans though, as they pumped adrenaline into proceedings.

Blue actually looked like contending as the two batsmen got half-centuries, but Borcich stepped in to have Jellett caught in the deep. Wilshere was later trapped LBW by Man of the Match Ian Markus. Earlier the Blue bowlers were tearing their hair out against confident Red batting. Stedman played a very mature half-century in the number one slot, but the incredible hitting of Ian Markus was the real impetus to the innings.

Marc Robbins, Rob Dauth and Kenny Dobson then entered late in the innings and fashioned entertaining cameos to push the score past 300.

Man of the Match: I Markus

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Code:
[B]**OD**						
The Chef de Groot Trophy						
Team			P	W	L	Bonus	Pts	NRR[/B]
Cricket Web Black	18	11	7	9	53	0.24
Cricket Web Green	18	10	8	9	49	0.07
Cricket Web Red		18	9	9	6	42	-0.18
Cricket Web Blue	18	6	12	12	36	-0.12
Good race for the top spot. Red starting to mount a challenge too. Blue a fair way out, but a strong finish could speak differently.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Top notch effort there Reds. Well done Markus on MOTM. Cameron mate - you are bowling beautifully in the One Day arena, keep it up. Happy with my 3 wickets also... :D

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Cmon Greens were starting to slip right away from the top of both the tables after leading for so long...Cmon guys we need to get our act together quick smart.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
good powerful win there boys. We're starting to look like we're a chance to at least put ourselves into finals contention.

The win was set up by all batsman who batted doing some major damage to the hapless blues and then the bowlers making sure of the win by good line and length... very happy that my OD has stuck around during my injury.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
So who do you want me to drop for you then?! Three spinners on a bouncy wicket is a touch daft, don't you think?

QUOTE]

I was just commenting that i had been...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
dammit! sorry boys, ridiculously crap performance form myself! i refuse to be all talk... help me reach my stride boys :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
dammit! sorry boys, ridiculously crap performance form myself! i refuse to be all talk... help me reach my stride boys :)
Nah Nath, we all struggled a bit with the ball. I felt alright early on, but I got belted in the slog and my last four overs went for 46. Can't blame the batsmen or any individual bowler for this one. Nice job by Travis, Liam, Wilshere and Dylan though.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Jellett and Wilshere were superb btw... sorry to focus on my crapness! :D
well done overall boys, lets stick it to em! i WILL get better... i havent played this long for nothing. ill be looking for you Campsy to help me :)

Buddhmaster

International Captain
I horrible performance by me (2 balls faced, isn't really worth it), was made up by a suberb all round performance by Wilson. We're still going alright, so finishing on top in both comps is a good chance.

dinu23

International Debutant
FaaipDeOiad said:
Nah Nath, we all struggled a bit with the ball. I felt alright early on, but I got belted in the slog and my last four overs went for 46. Can't blame the batsmen or any individual bowler for this one. Nice job by Travis, Liam, Wilshere and Dylan though.
yeah! It was a crap game for all of us. But great batting by Wilshere and Jellet.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Sorry to go off topic here, but 2 points/questions

Is there going to be an A team tour?

And dinu, how did you double post????

Simon

theres an A Tour during the off season, but it hasnt been confirmed the exact details yet...

dinu23

International Debutant
Buddhmaster said:
Sorry to go off topic here, but 2 points/questions

And dinu, how did you double post????
My bad! my bad! I'm logged in from my Uni computer. the server is a bit slow these days, and I think I might've pressed submit twice.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
good job reds, lets keep it going. absolutely stoked with my four wickets, if only i could perform that well in the longer form… congrats to stedman and markus for their great innings, and to wright for his bowling