• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
That's a great gesture to make, Alex. We'll have a bit of a re-arrangement.

Kearsley, you had better perform...

Black XI for opening 25Smash clash
Christopher Loc
Ashley Chaulk +
Christopher Butler
David Kearsley
Alexander Blackman
Zafar Mohammad
Michael Wilson
Robert Hing
David Richards
Sangrah Bhatia
Neil Pickup *

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
broncoman said:
this is being highlighted every day, its happening to every team, i dont think theres anything hat can be done, buckets of dropped chanced are just part of the sim it seems...
I demand First Chance averages ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Attacking batting on a slow pitch against quality bowling doesn't always pay off. Besides, I'm yet to receive tactics from you.
I must say I back Liam here - there was a situation for Reds earlier in the season when our order meant we didn't send an aggressive man up the order when chasing quick runs - our fault for not considering the notion beforehand!

Don

State Vice-Captain
good win greebs good to see we werent losing wickets.now get out there in the smash and do me proud.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Friday 18th February

Not the most explosive batting start to the tournament, but still some pretty close results.

CW Green v CW Black
at the CW Oval

The Blacks struggled initially to get the ball away and were 68/3 after 15 overs, but a stabilizing innings from Kearsley and some big shots by Wilson toward the end lifted the score to 141/5. After 8 overs, Green flew away to 54/0, but then tempered themselves in chasing the game. A six to Malone then to Walsh sealed the deal with 5 balls to spare.

CW Red v CW Blue
at the CW Oval

A crucial double strike by Harris set Red back to a point where they never recovered in the chase of 148 for victory. Zaid Ghansar anchored the chase with a half-century, but the inexperienced middle order couldn't pick up the tempo sufficiently after a slowish start. For Blue, de Silva played an impressive half-century against good Red bowling in pushing toward 147/5.

Attachments

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Not the best start, but plenty of time to get back into form. Glad Kearsley got up the order, really our only batting performer in that match.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Brilliant work, lads! Hoy picking up where he left off last year with two wickets and a brilliant economy to boot, and Reuben joining in on the bowling fun. Cunningham looks like he got a bit roughed up but then he was bowling at the end of the game, so you can only expect as much. As for the batting - well, I've said it before and I'll say it again - best 25 Smash lineup in the Dev League. :) And we didn't even need any more than our top three!

So good work guys - let's just keep this going for the rest of the games and make the first successful defence of the 25Smash championship and also keep ourselves as being the only team to have won this competition so far. :)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
good win greens :D happy to carry drinks for you guys :) keep on winning and we might even get a triple this season :D would be great hey :D

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Real shame no one made a score - Wright's 5-0-17-2 was phenomenal, as was Ghansar's 5-0-21-0.

Makes me wonder who kept, though! Iyer?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Great win guys, showed them how to play this form of the game, superb bowling fro Hoy and Verghese - his best ever smash bowling i believe :) and bugs dominated with the bat :)

lets keep it going guys 3 more wins :)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't worry Reds, plenty of time to recover. Ghansar played a great game, economy of 4 and hit a half century - I struggled in the opening position in my first 25Smash game - but let's focus on winning our next game. :D

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
yer greta win guys well bowled boys and we did it easy with the bat, cosndiering i was told i was a mediocre player gee i went ok (no hint of sarcasim there).