• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Black XI for opening 25Smash clash
Christopher Loc
Ashley Chaulk +
Michael Wilson
Christopher Butler
Alexander Blackman
Zafar Mohammad
Robert Hing
David Kearsley
David Richards
Sangrah Bhatia
Neil Pickup *

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wednesday 16th February

CW Red v CW Blue
at the PDV Dome

The Blue veterans pulled through well, as they sealed victory over Red heading into the 25Smash break. Nath Patrick's 5fer backed up Liam Camps' maiden OD hundred to seal the deal. Blue batted first and reached 275/6, with Fuller striking a couple of lusty sixes toward the end.

Fitzsimmons and de Silva both made handy contributions in support of Camps' ton, as no Red bowler truly got hammered, yet the 28 extras reflected poorly overall. Red chased intelligently and had wickets in hand heading into the last 20 overs. There was then an effort to accelerate, but the batsmen struggled to score off Halsey and Popat with their accurate legbreaks.

Finally the stage was set for lift off in the last 10 overs, with nearing 9 per over required. Nath Patrick did well though. He removed danger man Stedman short of his hundred, as well as four other batsmen in his finishing spell.

Man of the Match: LA Camps

CW Green v CW Black
at the SCG

Controlled offspin from Verghese controlled the middle overs of Black's innings, as he stifled an explosive start. Black batted first after winning the toss and several of the batsmen threatened to get into stride, yet only Butler got on with his start.

Black was limited to 241 and Green set about to chase it sensibly. Malone was out early in the piece, but Garven and Goff rebuilt slowly, before Feeney arrived and began to take on the bowlers almost immediately. Feeney injected life into the innings with his quick footwork and aggression against star spinner Neil Pickup.

With some of the pressure relieved by his junior partner, Goff began to get on with matters and ultimately outscored Feeney by just 2 runs, as both men ended unbeaten in the 90s.

Men of the Match: BJ Goff/A Feeney

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mid-Season Standings

Code:
[B]**5D**						
The Manuel Ramprakash Challenge Trophy[/B]					
Team			P	W	L	D	T	Pts
Cricket Web Green	12	8	4	0	0	240
Cricket Web Black	12	6	5	1	0	195
Cricket Web Red		12	5	5	2	0	180
Cricket Web Blue	12	3	8	1	0	105				

[B]**OD**						
The Chef de Groot Trophy						
Team			P	W	L	Bonus	Pts	NRR[/B]
Cricket Web Green	12	8	4	5	37	0.23
Cricket Web Black	12	6	6	5	29	-0.11
Cricket Web Red		12	6	6	4	28	-0.19
Cricket Web Blue	12	4	8	10	26	0.07
Green ahead by a bit in both races, but the points standings are still pretty close, especially in OD. A very interesting second half in store mefinks.

For now though, let the festival of 25Smash cricket begin!:)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Very good effort guys, great bowling particularly from Verghese and batting from Goff and Feeney. 75% win rate isn't too bad, lets pick it up in the 2nd half of the year guys and finish well ontop. first things first though, we have a smash title to defend.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
Black XI for opening 25Smash clash
Christopher Loc
Ashley Chaulk +
Michael Wilson
Christopher Butler
Alexander Blackman
Zafar Mohammad
Robert Hing
David Kearsley
David Richards
Sangrah Bhatia
Neil Pickup *

I DONT mean to be rude neil but last year in the 25smash games my stats were:

16 games, 10 innings, 7 N.O's, 376 RUNS at 125.33 with a S/R of 118.61.. doesnt that deserve to be above these rookie players? :(

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

5-for! melike!!!! excellent effort by the team, spectacular batting (especially you Camps!) and a good bowling effort. I was economical at the beginning, then a wicket taker (3 in an over including Marc and Kenny :happy: ) then I got smashed (nice 6 Dave :) ) and then I finished strongly. Very, very happy, crazily happy, GO THE BLUES!!! 2nd half of the season to be a ripper for the team but now for 25SMA5H! awesome team effort.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
kears_falcon_9 said:
I DONT mean to be rude neil but last year in the 25smash games my stats were:

16 games, 10 innings, 7 N.O's, 376 RUNS at 125.33 with a S/R of 118.61.. doesnt that deserve to be above these rookie players? :(
very strong case there IMO.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Loony BoB said:
Easy does it. :) Good stuff.

EDIT: Blewy averaging 312 in OD. :D

well done guys

good stuff sorry i didnt perform today up the top of the order, good win, well bowled to bouys, hey does anyone have our devs stats so far this year

Simon

bugssy said:
well done guys

good stuff sorry i didnt perform today up the top of the order, good win, well bowled to bouys, hey does anyone have our devs stats so far this year
bugs mate they r in the stats thread, use some brainpower!!!

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Jeez, that was a pretty bad loss again. But we'll put that in the back of our minds for now and concentrate on some huge 25smash scores. If Neil allows it, i'll swap places with Kearsley, because he does deserve to be up the order.