• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
well at least one team was trying to win! :@

great job Blues, im very proud of you. and nathan... you suck! :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Trading Period

There will be a brief trading period midseason from the 17th of February to the 22nd of February, during the 25Smash tournament. Trdes will not take effect until after the Smash final.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Season Standings

Code:
**5D**						
The Manuel Ramprakash Challenge Trophy						
Team			P	W	L	D	T	Pts
Cricket Web Green	7	5	2	0	0	150
Cricket Web Black	7	4	2	1	0	135
Cricket Web Red		7	2	3	2	0	90
Cricket Web Blue	7	1	5	1	0	45

**OD**						
The Chef de Groot Trophy						
Team			P	W	L	Bonus	Pts	NRR
Cricket Web Blue	6	3	3	5	17	0.49
Cricket Web Green	6	3	3	3	15	-0.12
Cricket Web Red		6	3	3	2	14	-0.15
Cricket Web Black	6	3	3	2	14	-0.20

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Tom Halsey said:
The wheels are falling off at Black. (I know they're not, and it's just one defeat, but O had to say something).

Top knock Si, pleased with my economy, need to take more wickets though.
At least there are wheels to fall off here...

Chaulk that one down to experience and move on, methinks!

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
the net sessions are paying off, the team is getting togheter, everyone is in form...GO greens :) lets get some trophys home :)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
OK, ive missed a lot over the past week, certainly some ups and downs, but im sure we'll come out of it for the better, im sure well hit form this week.

Personally my batting has been abysmal this season, after getting some good scores in T&T i was looking to contribute this season but ive been Tuffnelesque so far, some net practice is required IMO.

SupaFreak2005

International Vice-Captain
Well done to the greens in their win in the 5D game... The OD game was a bit of a dissappointment but we can't win everything :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Sunday 6th February

CW Black v CW Blue
at the PDV Dome

Another top class century by Chris Loc sent the Blues to defeat at the PDV Dome. Chasing a potentially difficult target of 278 for victory, Black reached with 7 wickets in hand and Loc unbeaten with a brilliant hundred.

With Loc at the end was Zafar Mohammed, and the two added 116 runs in quick time for a comfortable finish. Throughout the chase the Blacks were on top of the bowling and scored almost at will for the most part, as the Blue bowlers looked very flat.

Earlier Dave Richards inserted CW Blue and saw a good opening stand as resistence to his decision. However, the bowling of Wilson was once again telling, and he was by far the pick of the bowlers amidst a disappointing display. At number three, de Silva played well to end unbeaten in the 90s, whilst adding 58 unbroken with Wilshere at the end.

Man of the Match: AC Loc

CW Green v CW Red
at the CW Oval

The Greens inserted the Reds in damp conditions at the Oval and the move paid off, as the Reds perished to the seaming ball early on, then to the spin later. Kenny Dobson played exceptionally in the middle of the innings, but got no real support and the Green spinners shared 6 wickets.

Set a target of 170 for victory, Green started cautiously and both batsmen got boundaryless starts, before Craig Walsh and Alex Feeney maximized in the middle order to seal a comfortable victory with well-compiled half-centuries. None of the Red bowlers was poor, but there was always a sense that 169 was too little to defend.

Man of the Match: A Feeney

Attachments

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
Another Century from Loc and another gane in which I didn't even get to bat! (Mainly due to the fact that we won too quickly)

GO BLACKS!

(Don't worry fellas, as long as we keep winning like that I'm not bothered by my lack of time at the crease)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
That was a pretty poor showing on our behalf. DeSilva batted very well and got some support, but we were absolutely flat and non-threatening with the ball. Not a performance fitting of the top One Day side.

Simon

i think blue's bowlers need to step up soon, you can hardly blame the batting for that loss and several others. I think once we hit form with the ball we should be right, but lets not leave it too long!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
i think blue's bowlers need to step up soon, you can hardly blame the batting for that loss and several others. I think once we hit form with the ball we should be right, but lets not leave it too long!
Well it wasn't that long ago we were getting steamrolled for 62 in a FC match, so I think clearly both the batting and bowling has underperformed when the other has fired a lot of the time this season. We just need to get them both working at the same time, and we've seen what we can do.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Well said Simon. The batting has not been amazing either, but I think a lot of that is due to having to play catchup because of ineffective bowling. For most of the season the bowling has functioned in one of two ways- either completely flat, or penetrative but lacking killer instinct. I can only recall one game where the bowling fired properly. Perhaps it's less than just irony that that game was Blue's first win of the season and a convincing one at that.

On a related note, who was the idiot who traded Timewell?;)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
On a related note, who was the idiot who traded Timewell?;)
Speaking of which, any thoughts from the captain about what we're likely to do (if anything) in the trading period?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Another Class performance from Greens bowlers set up an easy bonus point win. for once timewell didn't fire, the depth of the bowling shone through though with all the other bowlers bowling well, Rai and Cunningham picking up 3 each. The batting started solidly against some quiality red bowling and managed to see off the worst of the new ball, the middle order didn't think twice about capitalising Walsh and Feeney batting superbly to get us home.

i believe that puts us on top of the table :) congats guys thats the spot we want to be, lets stay there :)