• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
I no that weve had a bit of a slow with the matches.... but the schedule that ive got still doesnt seem to be right... is there a new one or sumthnig liam?

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
Well Done Blacks! Great Knock by Loc at the top and great support through-out the innings. Solid and purposeful bowling making sure we get the win.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saturday 5th February

CW Green v CW Black
at the SCG

Having been temporarily knocked off course by Cricket Web Black in the OD encounter earlier this week, Cricket Web Green regained their momentum with an innings victory in the same opponents' home yard. Andrew Garven won the toss and, against his natural instincts, elected to take first use of some exceptional bowling conditions and insert the Blacks.

A confident bunch, the Black batsmen played strokes throughout the innings, but did not cater for the continued brilliance of Rob Timewell. In the form of his life, Timewell took 5 of his 10 wickets in the match to limit Black to 188 all out. Rob Hing topscored with a hearty knock, but was last out to a beauty from Weber.

On the SCG wicket, the Green batsmen began a bit cautiously, but the in-form Alex Feeney quickly found his feet. Nicholas Rose was out after a solid innings at the top, but Feeney continued onward. He was dropped on 34, then proceeded to another quality First Class hundred, before being dropped again on 104. The second chance was not as costly though, and Zafar Mohammed caught him in front with a slower ball.

The Blacks fought back into the game to have 268/6 from 253/3, but Rai took the game away with his first hundred in First Class cricket. By the end Sangrah Bhatia was the leading Black bowler again, claiming 5 wickets from his 38 overs. He also had Rai dropped twice on 97 in the same over.

Staring down a deficit of 189 runs, the Blacks were faced with a worn pitch and some inconsistent bounce. It wasn't long before Timewell found his rhythm once more. For the second time in the game he tore apart the Black batting, and once more Hing topscored - one of four who crossed 10.

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 188 all out
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 377 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 105 all out
Cricket Web Green won by an Innings and 84 runs.

Man of the Match: R Timewell

CW Red v CW Blue
at the PDV Dome

Losing the plot at the very end, the Red batsmen failed to get the ball away with 18 runs needed off the last 6 overs of the game. The match ended in a draw with CW Red 128/5 chasing 137 to win.

The Reds won the toss and elected to bowl first on a fresh PDV wicket. The decision was vindicated and no Blue batsman cross 50, despite only one top order batsman failing to spend significant time at the crease. David Kennett was the primary bowling force, but Bennett and Whelan took crucial wickets and Kyle Wright accounted for the dangerous Simon Fitzsimmons.

In their time in the middle, the Red batsmen fed off a deflated Blue attack and stuck to their classic "wear-down" formula. A century stand marked the first wicket, then Fuller broke through with Stedman's scalp. Later, at 287/1, the exhausted Blues got a lift when part-timer Cribb broke through and dismissed veteran Maddocks 3 runs short of his first FC hundred and 1 short of his top score.

Mørk then registered his first hundred of the season some 4 overs after and was out almost instantaneously, playing on to Sudeep's googly. Confusion followed and 3 more quick wickets before tea. Thus the Reds came out after tea set on playing a tighter, more cautious game and Bennett and Iyer did just that, slowly but surely building the innings to 401 all out.

For the second straight game, the Blues took their second knock with a massive deficit to overcome. Once again the plan was clear - be positive. Unbelievably, Simon Fitzsimmons reproduced his stunning strokeplaying form and mixed concentration and aggression to play one of the finest innings in Dev League cricket history.

Fitzsimmons surpassed his FC high, which he set the game before, and was 9th out, having scored 150 more runs than next best in the Blue innings. The incredible statistic boosted CW Blue to 340 all out and suddenly it was game on - CW Red needing 137 runs from 45 overs.

The task seemed simple on a pitch still pretty much intact, but things were quickly diced up when both openers were out before tea. On resumption, just 97 were needed from 34 overs, but Dauth perished almost immediately. The Reds were positive, despite negative tactics from their opponents, as Blue dealt with an ultradefensive field and bowling.

For the last hour only 49 runs were needed off 15 overs and the game seemed well in hand for Red. At the start of the last 4 overs, the equation was 19 needed. Red then began to get stifled. Batting with full aggressive intent, the runs just did not come and the fielders were picked out ball after ball. The Red frustration soon turned to Blue frustration when the umpires allowed 3 extra overs to be bowled.

Even given that final lifeline, CW Red could not pull the game out and Kenny Dobson walked off the field shattered and unbeaten when the game was called off.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 197 all out
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 401 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 340 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 128 for 5
Test Match Drawn.

Man of the Match: SJ Fitzsimmons

Attachments

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
God!! DAUTH!!! Poor performance by myself, but great batting there by Hak, Maddocks, etc., well done to the team, unlucky to not get the win!

Don

State Vice-Captain
good going green ur lucky u won this game cuz i was gonna come to the clubb house and crutch all of u in the head

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Ouch bad luck guys, our first FC lose i think. Batting was a bit of worry there, with me top scoring in both innings with scores under 50. Never mind we will pick up

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
173, woah im on fire, delighted to surpass my highest FC score again and to make my 9th FC century.
what about hakon, sr of around 25 lol, was boring the **** out of me standing in the slips!

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
All i can say is well played Greens..... blacks we played shockingly...... espeically myself... comin into the game i had 550 odd runs at 60 odd then i only managed to scre 10 runs in the match includin a golden duck...... not to happy.... (heading strait to the nets)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Another fantastic win for Green, anothe 2 bagfulls of wickets for timewell and 2 superb centuries to Feeney and Rai. also pleasing to see jamee starting to find for with the bat.

that OD loss was a big wakeup call for us, we need to keep pushing very hard and working very hard at our games otherwise other sides will sneak up and knock us off. lets keep up the good work :)

biased indian

International Coach
Timewell Rocks!!!

whats his wicket tally for the season??? he should beway ahead of others has been getting 5 fors every match

Buddhmaster

International Captain
After that brilliant one day performance, we go to that?!?! That was pretty pathetic, nothing like what we've done in our other matches this season. I think we all need to pick it up.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Well, pretty happy with the OD match, and the FC match had some positives as well. Personally I though my bowling was top notch without much luck in both games, but I was disappointed to get starts with the bat in both FC innings and not go on with it.

I think we're a genuine shot at the title in the shorter form this year, but with only one win and one draw from 7 FC games, we have to improve very fast to challenge the other sides.

Congratulations to Simon on back-to-back hundreds, as well.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Excellent stuff! Good to see not only all our main bowlers in the wickets, not only Timewell getting another haul, but also to see more centuries being scored by our batsmen. Good all round cricket, guys, let's keep it up!

...I think that game put us on the top of the table for FC. Not sure, though...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
The wheels are falling off at Black. (I know they're not, and it's just one defeat, but O had to say something).

Top knock Si, pleased with my economy, need to take more wickets though.