• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The lil festival in Carnival celebrations, which is the greatest show on earth.
No, I wasn't drunk.
No, I wasn't stoned.
I ran a marathon in the morning, got 2 hours sleep, then went to a party in the afternoon, then visited my aunt and uncle who are in from England in the evening. After all of that, I went and limed by a friend until 2:30am. We then left to go home and the transmission of the car gave out on a hill, so we basically spent the next hour trying to get the car off the road.

Will catch up on matches today. Would appreciate some 5D XIs from the captains to help me in this cause.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Friday 4th February

CW Green v CW Black
at the SCG

Cricket Web Green had their momentum halted by the efforts of a young man finally finding his feet. Chris Loc struggled in his first few appearances at the top of the Black innings, but hit form with a very well-paced innings against some mediocre Green bowling.

Loc was in superb touch and formed partnerships with half-centurions Wilson and Blackman on the way to his century. In the last 10 overs Black turned on the heat once more and scored 82 runs, with Kearsley and Hing doing the primary damage to some dismal Green bowling figures.

The chase of Green was full of positive intent from the first ball, but Garven failed to find his timing and was out early in the piece. He was followed 40 runs later by Walsh, as Nicholas Rose began to take chances and execute some glorious strokes.

Indeed Rose's aggression gave hope to Green support, but he was caught at short third man off Wilson for his half-century and Black regained control. Alex Feeney fought bravely in the middle order, but got no sustained support as the pressure of a high required rate won over the Green middle order.

Man of the Match: AC Loc

CW Red v CW Blue
at the PDV Dome

Wickets off the first two balls of match had Red inspired and Blue in familiar territory at 0/2. Having been inserted in good bowling conditions, it appeared a route was on the cards, and runs were difficult to spot. The Blues rebuilt calmly and took the score to 62/3 by the end of the 15th over.

With the front-line bowlers getting weary, the second line of the Reds attack came into play and the Blues tried to take advantage. Still batting smartly, Phillips and Crampton looked to accelerate the scoring rate amidst a partnership of 112 runs. Chris Law in particular was harshly dealt with and the runs crept to a flow. With the last ball of the 40th over, Crampton brought up a maiden OD hundred and the score was 203/4.

Just 67 runs were added off the last 10 overs and Reds faced a gettable target of 271 for victory. Once again Bennett started in vintage touch and got to his second career OD half-century in as many innings. He and Stedman put on a positive 107 for the first wicket and the Reds looked well set. Popat then dismissed Stedman and some uncertainty began to creep in.

Tom Halsey found his line, length and variation and the Reds struggled to get him away to the boundary. He trapped Bennett in front short of his hundred and the Blues romped into control. Håkon Mørk launched two towering sixes off the Blue pacers, but even his spirited finish was not enough and the Reds fell short by 22 runs.

Man of the Match: A Crampton

Attachments

Loony BoB

International Captain
Shocking to see almost all our bowlers get punished and our batting lineup, for the most part, struggling to get the runs together. We should have won it, but I guess it was just one of those bad days. I'm sure we'll kick back, though - remember, guys, you're easily capable of winning any match, you just have to make sure you focus on doing just that: making the match yours.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
We had them nil for two. No run for two wickets. To lose it from there is unacceptable.

Loving mine and Kennett's partnership for 39 off 40 balls, though. Wished it could have been more, but not bad...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Samuel_Vimes said:
Loving mine and Kennett's partnership for 39 off 40 balls, though. Wished it could have been more, but not bad...
OD form of your life... 95 runs in 3 innings...

Simon

wow my one day struggles continue, not that its any surprise, good win from the team though...

masterblaster

International Captain
Good win Blacks!

Well done to Chris Loc on a superb innings. Personally it was good to be back amongst the wickets in the OD competition. Good day out for everyone.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Well played Blacks... great to see Chris doin well openin the batting.... and good to see the team putting together a 300 plus score. Excited with my 49 because it only came off 35 balls :) bit of a turn around to my first class batting :) Well bowled everyone we kept it tight and took regular wickets.