• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Jarquis
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yeah go easy early. No need to bet big at all. At least not for a long time.

Quick tip, determine the percentage chance you think of a win.

E.g. if you think India are a 55% chance to beat Pakistan, calculate the odds and see if there is value.

India are paying $1.64 right now on Betfair to beat Pakistan. 1/1.64 x 100 = 60.975%.

That figure is higher than 60%. Therefore if we believe India are a 55% chance of victory, there is no value in India for that bet. There is value in Pakistan however, because their odds will obviously indicate that Pakistan is a 40% chance to win, whereas you believe they are 45%.

In that situation, even though you think India will win (55% chance), you should bet on Pakistan.

In the long-term this strategy always wins. Bet on value, not on what you think will happen.
    You gotta go Betfair. It is the best betting website by far.

You can do accumulators/multis as well, though you'll get regular bookies odds, not exchange odds (i.e. they won't be based on a user setting a price, but rather external bookies).

Otherwise I'd also recommend Bet365. Quality website as well.
    Hey mate.

I will be at Lord's Day 4, so definitely keen for a catch-up.

Right now I've only got a flight into London and back to Melbourne lol. Will try and see a lot of England and then hit up some Europe. I've got day 1 and day 4 Lord's tickets, and day 1 Trent Bridge tickets though. Can't wait!
    Hey mate.

Late June to late August, though I'll be doing parts of Europe in between.

Going to the Lord's and Trent Bridge tests :D
    Haha thanks man. Have never used the site in my life but this forces me to make an account.
    I reckon they'll wheel him out in a box, myself. Can't see him going and we'd never be so stupid as to get rid.

As for a replacement... I really don't know. If (god forbid) Sir Arsene stepped out in front of a bus tomorrow I'd quite like Hiddink, but as to who we'll actually get I suppose it depends when he does fianlly go.
    Ahaha, I heard that the C3 paper was ridiculously hard TBF, so 83's definitely good! :)

If that's the case, then, yeah, C1 would seem a better option just to be on the safe side!

Are you going to appeal the History CW?
    Yeah thanks - I must admit I was somewhat surprised, I'd knew I had done pretty well but 100% was still a shock!

What did you get on C3? It might be a better idea to resit that (if you got < 90%) depending on whether you think you can improve - Aim for the A*? :D If not then, yeah, C1's probably worth resitting!

As for the History thing, reminds me of what happened with my Graphics coursework last year, which was demoted from a pretty high A down to a D...no explanation why either. Hopefully you can do a good exam in the summer then! :)
    2 Bs and a 100% on C1, mixed but overall happy obviously. Might resit one of the Bs next year depending on events in the summer.

You say about some bad...nothing that could damge your Uni chances I hope? :(
    Nothing crucial mate, just wanted a chat really. If you're bout later we'll catch up.
    You gonna be about on msgr at any point? Been trying to catch u online.
    Thanks bud. You don't mind if I change the password? You're English and a West CWLander - I have no reason to trust you haha.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…