• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
HeathDavisSpeed

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Fair enough

On a completely unrelated note my email address is say_no_to_haircuts@hotmail.com and never object to receiving random emails
    Were any of those reports you got from me?

You shouldn't have said anything, kept getting the info?
    Yo

You can still join tipping. I'll give you lowest score of the round but it won't be a big deal since there are 23 rounds left!

Let me know if you want in.

Cheers

Jono
    Just had a look at the World Cup Draft thread. What's this about your team coming last by some distance? :)
    Heath mate, I'm really genuinely sorry about the whole World Cup Draft, but I'm going to have to be completely honest with you here and just say that I somewhat forgot about the whole thing, for various reasons I won't go into here. Crap excuse (I realise I should have said earlier) I know but there it is. Still, I should imagine hardly any of your players have played, so plenty of hope still... Once again, I'm genuinely sorry for my messing up.
    Theres a CW Super 15 tipping competition running if you were interested in competing, obviously the competition starts this evening.
    In hindsight mate, I think it's probably worth sticking with it on here. The groundwork is here, I go back to uni soon anyway and would probably have to stop it in September if my exchange application is accepted so it'd be a lot of work for no result.

Cheers, though!
    Haha yeah, the random.org system funnily enough is fairly predictable. All this is meaningless anyway if Nino is keen to continue anyway, but it is probably fair to say the current one has just about done its dash.
    From what I understand, the sim Nino used incorporated ranking, post counts, surface and serving/returning which is about 300x more sophisticated than random.org haha. If that sim is easy enough to use I'd probably transition to that.
    Depends on how many sign up. Likely I would, but they'd probably be lower ranked and I'd have the Cricsim guys in the original shuffle for rankings. The plan here was those really good guys would originally get phased out with more sign ups, but that never happened and so we were stuck with semis and finals for most tournaments no one cared about.
    Hmmm. The hardest part is the start isn't it really. You could steal the top 80 from CW and then start all the Cricsim guys at zero, but do you still intend to have non-real players if you took it to Cricsim?
    Yeah fair call, don't see any reason why there couldn't be two of them anyway tbh.

If it did get underway on Cricsim, what do you reckon the best way to go about it would be? Because we're going to have to start everyone at 0 again, I was thinking perhaps a very brief first season with just four Grand Slams, a few warm up tournaments and the Davis Cup to at least give a ranking base?
    I accidentally put this on my own user page instead of yours :p :

Hmm.. it is probably worth seeing just where he's at with it. If he doesn't want to do it, I'll talk to Cribb and figure something out.
    Yeah, there's not a whole lot left in the tennis threads either. Cricsim is definately an option, but the problem mainly is that Nino probably still wants to keep it running (don't blame him really as if anyone came to me in my months of silence over here I'd probably say the same things) and I wouldn't really want to pick up where he's left off which I'm not sure Cribb really wants.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…