• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Matches Played Draft

capt_Luffy

International Captain
So wanted to try my hands on running a draft for some time now. As it has been some time since any draft is ongoing, thought of this one. The rules are simple, here is the no. of matches played quota:

0: 1 Player
1-15: 1 Player
15-30: 1 Player
30-50: 1 Player
50-75: 2 Players
75-100: 2 Players
100-120: 1 Player
120+: 1 Player
Any: 1 Player

As you can see, the distribution is continuous; hence say if you take player with 50 matches, they could fit in either slot. No need to declare while picking either, can change on the go depending available options. Same for any as well.

Standard draft rules with 12 hours time out in the 1st round and 8 hours going forward. But just for the sake of experimentation, each time you get time out your time for the following rounds will reduce by an hour; but it will never go below 5.

No Bradman as usual.

Please say in if interested. Hoping for 12-15 participants.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In. First draft I ever played was called a mixed experience draft by Zinzan, had a very similar style to this one.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Decided to use the order of rolling in to be the order for Round 1. Will be randomized from Round 3 onwards. Anyone can join before the Round 1 ends. The order:

@Bitmap
JOJOXI
Pothas
AndrewB
ataraxia
Line and Length
Honestbharani
Cricket Bliss
Teuton
Mr_mister
Himannv
Fuller Pilch
Capt_Luffy

JOJOXI

International Captain
Not done enough prep yet so lets go with a player I've rarely had the chance to pick and is rarely an awful pick - Garfield Sobers

@Pothas