• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2024–25 Australian Domestic Season

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So many blokes edging balls pretty wide of off stump this round. I get it's early in the season and you want to cover movement back, but jeez there's been some ordinary shots from top order players. Hunt the latest. I know it was first ball and **** happens, but that's a leave every day of the week.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Another 50 for inglis, fourth on the shield runs tally after a good back half to last season. Shame carey seems to have remembered how to bat at the exact same time inglis has hit a purple patch.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another 50 for inglis, fourth on the shield runs tally after a good back half to last season. Shame carey seems to have remembered how to bat at the exact same time inglis has hit a purple patch.
Has Inglis learned how to keep yet?

TheJediBrah

Inglis should be in the reckoning as a bat. Maybe not quite next in line, but in the conversation

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah we don't have enough competition in there to pigeonhole someone as just a keeper when they're scoring runs consistently.

Burgey

Yeah it's still the big query over him IMO. He looks better than he did - no huge gate - but the fact that he isn't scoring off those deliveries straight means he's just going to get targeted way more there than he should. It's not good when your vulnerability technically is also where you can't score.
It's pretty appalling you can bat in the top order through every junior representative level all the way to FC and have a glaring weakness to stock standard inswingers. He doesn't get cleaned up by reverse tang at 145kph, he's being done in by regulation new ball inswing, which tbh should not get a top order player out.

Qlder

International Debutant
Just for info they've opened a subby for the India series. I was wondering where the "road to India in Aus" thread had gone

Last edited:

Qlder

International Debutant
Well that's a first for me. Makes a 50 then retires so he can be with his wife having a baby

"Hilton Cartwright hit 52 for the hosts before having to abruptly retire not out and leave the WACA to join his wife for the birth of their second child."