• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa in Bangladesh: Two Test Series, 21-25 Oct, 29 Oct-2 Nov

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must say, looking at the snatches of play I've seen, not surprised at the scorecard. First ball I saw was one from Maharaj exploding past the outside edge. Looks like the surface is hardly bound together.

SeamUp

International Coach
Been a very good disciplined bowling performance mixed with indifferent batting.

Proteas will have to face a trial by spin no doubt.

Aritro

International Regular
Must say, looking at the snatches of play I've seen, not surprised at the scorecard. First ball I saw was one from Maharaj exploding past the outside edge. Looks like the surface is hardly bound together.
Yeah it's been like that but the top order's techniques against the new ball were club standard as well. It's not surprising in the sense that that's what you expect from Bangladesh's batsmen though.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah it's been like that but the top order's techniques against the new ball were club standard as well. It's not surprising in the sense that that's what you expect from Bangladesh's batsmen though.
Well yes, I mean Shadman starting things off nicking a ball that would've been a wide in a one day game isn't exactly setting a high standard.

Thala_0710

U19 Cricketer
Missed this match completely. Looking at the scorecard, has it been utterly **** batting by Bangladesh or great bowling by SA or have the conditions been just too tough?

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Basically, Clash between "Shakibians" and "Anti-shakibians" outside the 1st gate of Mirpur sher e Bangla stadium.
All very political it seems. I read the Wisden article. Pity that he can't be able to have a farewell test at home, but I guess it probably isn't safe for him. Explained: Why Shakib Al Hasan Withdrew From His Farewell Test Against South Africa | BAN Vs SA | Crickt News Today

Aritro

International Regular
Missed this match completely. Looking at the scorecard, has it been utterly **** batting by Bangladesh or great bowling by SA or have the conditions been just too tough?
It's a rank turner on which we've lost 6 wickets to seamers. Terrible technique against seam and some skilful bowlling.

TIL, it's spelled "skilful", not "skillful". How about that then?

SeamUp

International Coach
There was nip with the new ball. Nothing drastic but it surprised me. Mulder and KG were excellent though.

Kesh has been getting it turn and bounce off the straight from ball one.

Just don't think many of the Bangladesh batsman have been good enough to deal with good bowling. That mix of absorbing pressure and putting the pressure back at the right moments.

Last edited:

Thala_0710

U19 Cricketer
Top 10 via Howstat
MatchesDateWicketsMatchesDateMilestoneMatchesWicketsAverage
India​
300​
103*​
528*​
23.70​
Australia​
300​
70​
355​
23.92​
Sri Lanka​
300​
133​
800​
22.73​
South Africa​
300​
93​
439​
22.95​
New Zealand​
300​
86​
431​
22.30​
West Indies​
300​
81​
376​
20.95​
Australia​
300​
145​
708​
25.42​
South Africa​
300​
72​
330​
22.25​
Australia​
300​
124​
563​
21.64​
K Rabada*​
South Africa​
21/10/2024​
300​
65*​
301*​
21.99​
Does anyone know a way to get similar stats for just away games? Like the fastest to 100/200 away test wkts?

Aritro

International Regular
Miraz can look so innocuous. This is where we'll miss Shakib. In his late-career incarnation, he's always challenging them with the way he gets it to dip and keeps them honest with his arm ball.

Get Taijul and Nayeem on and watch the difference.

Aritro

International Regular
Miraz can look so innocuous. This is where we'll miss Shakib. In his late-career incarnation, he's always challenging them with the way he gets it to dip and keeps them honest with his arm ball.

Get Taijul and Nayeem on and watch the difference.
Update: Taijul has been dogshit.