• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2024–25 Australian Domestic Season

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sabba’s fc numbers the past season or two have been good for NSW, especially seeing he’s had crap totals to bowl to most of the time

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice to see Henry Hunt among the runs too. Someone who’s flattered to deceive for a few years now. Has always looked a very decent player to me tbh
Ton up now. Excellent to see him back in the runs after some leaner years as you say.

Pretty happy with this South Australian performance in general so far today honestly

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel like Edwards has to be injured. Otherwise yeah picking Nisbet or even Bird over him feels weird.

Also, wtf happened to Tremain?
Adam Crossthwaite on comms litererally just said he has a little niggle of some unspecified variety right as you posted that. So that answers that one I suppose

Think I remember reading Tremain was injured at some point too, but not 100% certain on that

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year

Must say Whitney has looked impressive though. Remember kinda liking him as a bowler back in his U19 days a couple of years back, guess it is good to see him taking another step

Burgey

Yeah just had a look at some highlights and looked like he was hitting the gloves hard. Rhythm looked very good

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Konstas is not in real consideration for the Test side IMO. But there is definitely something going on with the likes of Connolly getting named in squads of all formats when prior to this summer he wasn't even a first choice WA player. Not to mention Beardman being in a national squad and was a legitimate chance of playing a game with 1 more injury, which would have been absurd

Don't think it's necessarily a bad thing but I would lean a bit more on the side of merit over potential were it up to me
Beardman didn’t actually get officially added to the squad. It was just an Andy Mathieson situation

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He was literally an injury away from playing. They were even talking in the media about how he's ready to go if needed
Yeah but I think it was just because he was there anyway and they cbf flying someone else over, he wasn't next in line.

Mathieson actually did play in the same situation.

TheJediBrah

Yeah but I think it was just because he was there anyway and they cbf flying someone else over, he wasn't next in line
I think that was Dwarshuis

But anyway I don't think anyone, even the selectors, actually thought Beardman was even close to next in line. It was just a "tour with the squad for experience" thing.