• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of India 2024

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And yes, it will start raining in 90 minutes. All India needed was to bat for an additional hour which would have added 2 hours to the match length and rain would have saved us. You can't win a test if you collapse twice to swing in a single match. Hope Rohit faces up to our weakness rather than get carried away by whatever-ball he is playing.
It was not swing though. It was seam movement which is what crapinfo articles pointed out too.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
If you told me after the 2nd Sri Lankan test ended we'd roll India for under 50 and win a test match in India I would've asked who your dealer was and can I get some too.

Stoked for my boy Will Young. Can't really ask more of him in the replacement role there. Rachins obscenely good tho, for the first time since Taylor came on the scene I'm optimistic about our future batting shape

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Huh didn't expect the long unbeaten home series run to actually be under threat against nz of all teams what with how they did in SL. Great win for them. We've batted like weaklings against the moving ball for over a decade now so not a big surprise this is how it went when conditions were pace friendly for once here. Pathetic performance.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ultimately the dropped catches cost us the game. Had we had them bowled out for 200 or 250, they were facing a huge target here. It just shows how important that aspect of the game is that a team can be bowled out for 46 in the first session and it still is not the biggest reason for the loss.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Didn't want to test the Divine Mockers by posting during the match, but my word that was a surprising win. Not only were NZ playing like turds in Sri Lanka, it's a properly hard challenge to win in India at the best of times, and this is an excellent Indian team. And without Williamson too and with a couple of spells of poor play (dropped catches, inept plans in the 2nd innings). And the biggest impediment of all - ole Steady.

Ka rawe!

King Kane

International Regular
That win for us adds a lot more interest to this test series when most people probably thought it would be a 3-0 clean sweep to India.

It would be great if we could go on and win the series but I'm expecting India will be much tougher to beat in the next couple of tests.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Phew

Great victory, even with the big stagger to it.

We'll get rocked in more traditional Indian conditions against a very motivated side but that's still a great win in patches. 46 is always a top quality bowling card.

Rourke, Henry and KJ is one tasty attack for you guys.

But honestly, I would suggest getting in someone who can swing the ball like Southee and not really plan with KJ in mind given how injury prone he is. Ajaz had a shocking game in between all this and maybe you guys should look at a main spinner outside of Philipps too for the long term.

If you can find that one spinner and one swing bowler, with KJ and Ajaz as the backups, you will have a solid bowling attack which should keep you competitive in tests anywhere and always. Great and more balanced bowling attacks will matter so much more in tests.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ultimately the dropped catches cost us the game. Had we had them bowled out for 200 or 250, they were facing a huge target here. It just shows how important that aspect of the game is that a team can be bowled out for 46 in the first session and it still is not the biggest reason for the loss.
Surely 46 all-out is the biggest reason though. It was a blunder batting first but even then a half competent side should manage a few more runs. Once you get bowled out for essentially nothing you're working from too far behind.