• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of India 2024

Spark

Global Moderator
Kinda had a feeling Rachin wouldn't make a score second innings, but he's walked out and simply resumed his first innings. So beneficial to score this quickly.
Confidence is magic. Just look at the difference between the way Conway played Bumrah - often stuck on the crease, really tentative - to how Rachin played his first two balls, well forward, smothering the movement and fully committed to his shot.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think somehow NZ always seem to get the rub of the green in key games against India but it may also be just because they are one of those teams who will utilize any little advantage they get in the most efficient manner making the advantage seem bigger than it may have been for other teams.

Excellent win here for NZ. All credit to them and kudos to their fans. They got good breaks but they played well enough to capitalize which most teams have not done here in the last 12 years or so. I am actually proud of how well this team fought which shows this team still has the same strength and character the BG team in 2020-21 had, but we gotta regroup and hit back fast here. Rahul should ideally make way for Gill and maybe Bumrah can rest for Akashdeep. Siraj has been very ineffective for a few now and its a bit concerning. Lets see how the next test goes. Pune is a red soil track and that should suit both our batsmen and bowlers while not quite being NZ's cup of tea.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think somehow NZ always seem to get the rub of the green in key games against India but it may also be just because they are one of those teams who will utilize any little advantage they get in the most efficient manner making the advantage seem bigger than it may have been for other teams.

Excellent win here for NZ. All credit to them and kudos to their fans. They got good breaks but they played well enough to capitalize which most teams have not done here in the last 12 years or so. I am actually proud of how well this team fought which shows this team still has the same strength and character the BG team in 2020-21 had, but we gotta regroup and hit back fast here. Rahul should ideally make way for Gill and maybe Bumrah can rest for Akashdeep. Siraj has been very ineffective for a few now and its a bit concerning. Lets see how the next test goes. Pune is a red soil track and that should suit both our batsmen and bowlers while not quite being NZ's cup of tea.
This is true to an extent but the nature of the collapse in the second innings should be a little concerning IMO

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This is true to an extent but the nature of the collapse in the second innings should be a little concerning IMO
Nah... see they are not gonna magically get better in the same conditions they were all out for 46 in a game. Plus that was a collapse of the middle and lower order which happens time to time in test cricket. The conditions in Bangalore were never really great for test cricket IMO. When the overhead can make the pitch go from a beauty to a minefield, its never the best time to play cricket, esp. in a country as big as ours where everyone knows its better to play the northern side in Oct-Nov. I think this side will do well the rest of the WTC cycle and make it to the final.

Xix2565

International Regular
Not really tbh. It was basically the same as the 46ao with new ball seam + awkward bounce being an issue. Some of that is just too much to mitigate safely, even with better actions taken.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He's released the pressure since he came in for Conway, up until then it was a real struggle, along with his ton in the first innings he should be MOTM
All true but I think Rourke should be the MotM. You may still be winning without Rachin had you fielded better. But you are not winning even with all your breaks without Rourke.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Think this is a sign of world-class players.
Pretty much. I thought he might get over-expansive early and get out, but no, just walked out and started stroking boundaries from the middle of the bat.

Tbf he benefited from Young and Conway seeing off the more exaggerated new-ball movement. But he also immediately put pressure back on the bowlers.

jcas0167

International Debutant
All true but I think Rourke should be the MotM. You may still be winning without Rachin had you fielded better. But you are not winning even with all your breaks without Rourke.
O'Rourke has kind of taken on the Jamieson role. Added a real cutting edge to the attack. It's a tough call.

Kane doesn't play, we win in India. Really makes you think...
Last time they won in India Martin Crowe was out injured too.

King Kane

International Regular
I would be OK with him winning it too, both would be deserving along with Henry for his 5'fer in the first innings and 3 wickets in the second innings.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah... see they are not gonna magically get better in the same conditions they were all out for 46 in a game. Plus that was a collapse of the middle and lower order which happens time to time in test cricket. The conditions in Bangalore were never really great for test cricket IMO. When the overhead can make the pitch go from a beauty to a minefield, its never the best time to play cricket, esp. in a country as big as ours where everyone knows its better to play the northern side in Oct-Nov. I think this side will do well the rest of the WTC cycle and make it to the final.
They were 408-3, surely thats magically getting better in the same conditions?

Test cricket is played in all conditions and yeah for sure we got the best of them up front, but the game was there for the taking for India in a pretty ideal batting situation.

I don't see how the pitch or conditions can be blamed when India got their approach horribly wrong up front in the first innings, you told me they dropped a bunch of catches and missed a stumping, they then got past the deficit 3 down into a position of promise then blew it again.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
They were 408-3, surely thats magically getting better in the same conditions?
What makes you think it was the same conditions.

And the rest of your post is unnecessarily combative when I have just pointed out facts. Stuff that we pointed out even before the test began btw, which you might have now known had you either watched the game or read the thread.

Oct-Nov it always rains in the southern parts of India and we should not really have test matches scheduled here during that time. As its the time SW monsoon is winding up and NE monsoon is hitting up. The cities here almost always get rains during this time. Maybe Hyderabad may not have much rains being so much more inland but otherwise, none of the south states should get any matches in that time.