• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa in Bangladesh: Two Test Series, 21-25 Oct, 29 Oct-2 Nov

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I have heard about Murad on few occassions if my memory serves right but who the **** is he honestly? I mean come on. Still no Hridoy.

I'd go with Taijul, Miraz and Nayeem as three frontline spinners with Hasan Mahmud and Nahid Rana.

Tail looks bleak but we need 20 wickets.

Aritro

International Regular
Yeah.. maybe some other leggie or wrist spinner then? Or is it just gonna be the other Mahedi?
It'll be Nayeem Hasan, a tall offie who gets a lot of turn. He's expensive but bowls a lot of good deliveries. Also a handy tailend batsman. He debuted when he was 18 six years ago and has done well on helpful wickets. He's a guy I expect to play a lot of cricket for us if he keeps developing.

1729355154634.png

Aritro

International Regular
If Bangladesh don't win this series they should view it as a failure , every Asian team should be beating Sa in home conditions
I agree, we'll never have a better chance to beat them. Problem is that Maharaj and Harmer skittled us on a dusty deck in South Africa and might do it again. Also we've struggled against fast bowling even on Deshi decks and had a wrecking ball put through our batting more than once by guys who can summon some pace and bounce.

Bahseph

International Debutant
SA have not had a good run of it in Asia for some time but other than Markram, no one else in that top 6 for the first test has played a match in Asia. Wondering what everyone is basing their opinions on? Surely we give Bedingham, de Zorzi, Verreynne, Stubbs and Rickelton a couple of games in these conditions before we write them off?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Well get ready to fail then !
:laugh:
Good luck facing our spinners at Mirpur.
Shots fired! Nice start to tour thread.

First test at home without Shakib for bd after a long time? I know he missed the Nz away series that bd won but did he miss anything else?

1. Can Mehedy step up to replace Shakib at 7?
2. Are Piedt and Co good enough to take 20 wickets on spinning wickets?
3. How will Rabada do in SC?

Some interesting challenges here.

Bahseph

International Debutant
Oh, there's no Harmer? What happened to him.
I think one of the selection criteria includes playing domestic cricket in SA. Harmer didn't over the last season? Look it's speculation, but something must have happened for Piedt to make the trek back to SA to play FC cricket when he still lives in the USA as far as I know. Piedt is no mug, but Harmer is a significant loss because he is just as good of a Test bowler as Keshav imo.

Aritro

International Regular
I think one of the selection criteria includes playing domestic cricket in SA. Harmer didn't over the last season? Look it's speculation, but something must have happened for Piedt to make the trek back to SA to play FC cricket when he still lives in the USA as far as I know. Piedt is no mug, but Harmer is a significant loss because he is just as good of a Test bowler as Keshav imo.
This is excellent news

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah it's pretty grim when they play three quicks. 10 and 11 are pretty much the worst batsmen in the world and sometimes 9 is just as bad. When Taijul and Taskin play, they offer a bit more resilience but it's not great.

I'd prefer Miraz at 8 as well. Shakib will be a significant loss, unless Miraz is actually the real deal and not a statpadder racking up not ours. He averages nearly 40 over a decent stretch of matches but I don't trust him to handle serious batting responsibilities.
Taijul was meant to be an all-rounder when he first started playing domestic cricket - even batted 6 a couple of times - but he's just so bad against professional quicks (even in Bangladesh domestic cricket lol) that it's never happened. Would probably help the side (and his selection chances away from home) if he take it a bit more seriously, get some coaching and average high teens at #8.

sayon basak

International 12th Man
Shots fired! Nice start to tour thread.

First test at home without Shakib for bd after a long time? I know he missed the Nz away series that bd won but did he miss anything else?

1. Can Mehedy step up to replace Shakib at 7?
2. Are Piedt and Co good enough to take 20 wickets on spinning wickets?
3. How will Rabada do in SC?

Some interesting challenges here.
1. Yes
2. No
3. He will do poorly
🤞

Aritro

International Regular
Taijul was meant to be an all-rounder when he first started playing domestic cricket - even batted 6 a couple of times - but he's just so bad against professional quicks (even in Bangladesh domestic cricket lol) that it's never happened. Would probably help the side (and his selection chances away from home) if he take it a bit more seriously, get some coaching and average high teens at #8.
Had no idea he was an all rounder. It's alarming how much you know about Deshi domestix