• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What parts of the game would you like to see return to modern cricket?

subshakerz

International Coach
Are there shots, deliveries, tactics, etc. that were there in days past but have a case to return today?

I think the yorker in test cricket needs to be popularized again.

Coronis

International Coach
Yeah something something bats, something something uncovered pitches would also be things. Plus the occasional something something timeless test.

Blenkinsop

U19 Vice-Captain
Being able to sit on the grass around the boundary. Pitch invasions. Post match interviews in the changing room with everyone holding a beer and a fag.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Get rid of the boundary ropes to make them actually hit a 6 over the fence
You'd have so many injuries at the fence though. The gutter as boundary in Aus always made me flinch but it wasn't as much of an issue thirty years ago when fielders weren't so acrobatic. .

subshakerz

International Coach
Yeah, not a fan of the choreographed/ultra-pumped up celebrations. I like the old-timers in black and white reels who'd just stop dead in their follow-through after a successful appeal, roll up the sleeve on their bowling arm and casually stroll towards their teammates.
Well not all old timers. Lillee made a ruckus often.

Qlder

International Debutant
You'd have so many injuries at the fence though. The gutter as boundary in Aus always made me flinch but it wasn't as much of an issue thirty years ago when fielders weren't so acrobatic. .
Well at least it would get rid of the go over boundary rope, jump in air to catch ball and throw up in air to yourself when you run back onto the field nonsense.

Also I understand having a rope 2 metres in for safety, but why have them 10-20 metres in?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
- The doosra needs to return. It's a small tragedy its been entirely phased out due to the fear of it being reported for an illegal action. I dont care if blokes chuck it, just let em be if they're not blatantly ajmal-ing it.
- Little window in the corner of the screen showing batsmen running between the wickets
- Animated duck walking across the screen disappointed when a batsmen gets out on 0
- Uncovered pitches and Bodyline tactics with full on bodyline fields. Probably not all matches but every series one should mandatorily be uncovered and/or allow bodyline fields. Preferrably when there's rain forecast. **** batsmen, I'd love to see modern batsmen bat on sticky dogs.

Silver Silva

International Regular
1.Pakistan vs India test series
2.ODI Tri-Series
3.Helmets being optional to wear
4.Old white ball for reverse swing in odi cricket
5.Tour matches for preparation ahead of Test series

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Being able to sit on the grass around the boundary. Pitch invasions. Post match interviews in the changing room with everyone holding a beer and a fag.
That visual from the 1983 WC semi when the field is completely on the off side so that they can run away to the pavilion after the batter hits the winning shot... :laugh: