• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 Women's T20 World Cup thread

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Very good win and pleased to see Plimmer and Gaze (i.e. outside the usual Bates/Kerr/Devine) make crucial scores. Plimmer looks like she'll be around for a long time. Think the batting was near to falling over today but 128 was enough, just.

RMBolton

U19 Debutant
With a cursory look at the stats, the Final is shaping up to be a clash of different philosophies:
  • The top run scorers vs the top wicket takers
  • The team that likes chasing vs the team that likes defending
It should be fun to watch. Personally, I've always believed that the pathway for short to medium term success for NZ is to compensate somewhat for the batting with the scariest bowling attack we can put together. The bats need to play their role, of course, in that they need to put together defendable scores or chase whatever totals the bowlers hold the opposition to. It's not the greatest solution, & it's a relief that Plimmer & Gaze are showing sparks of what they can be, but hey, it's something & it's looking like a semi-viable path.

Last edited:

Heboric

International Debutant
I just hope someone sits down with the team to get there heads back in the game after such a big performance in the semi. My mind goes back to the 2019 Rugby World cup where the Dodgers somehow beat the All Blacks in the semi and in the final they were absolutely man shamed.

Stefan9

International Debutant
I just hope someone sits down with the team to get there heads back in the game after such a big performance in the semi. My mind goes back to the 2019 Rugby World cup where the Dodgers somehow beat the All Blacks in the semi and in the final they were absolutely man shamed.
They didn't seem over excited they seemed focused after the win to me.

Dane seems to think the same:

Last edited: