• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

King Kane

International Debutant
I like that Rizwan shows some fight but it is more with his mouth than with the bat, when was the last time he played a meaningful test innings.

Pakistan should go back to good old fashioned test keeper batsmen like Moin Khan or the great Wasim Bari, they could play a fighting test innings,.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Set up for a fun day tomorrow. I think Pak will win but England will make it interesting and fun to watch either way. Bazballing to a win or to a shocking collapse.

Of course, GG has Baz beat in that as well after today. :laugh:

BazBall21

International Captain
Root doesn't face a large percentage of the strike most of the time. The others have to deliver too. If we make it interesting tomorrow I'd be surprised.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like that Rizwan shows some fight but it is more with his mouth than with the bat, when was the last time he played a meaningful test innings.

Pakistan should go back to good old fashioned test keeper batsmen like Moin Khan or the great Wasim Bari, they could play a fighting test innings,.
Scored 170 in the last test series he played but ok

Kenneth Viljoen

International Regular

What are you on about ?

Rizwan scored 298 runs vs Bangladesh in the last series @98.00 including a career best 171 not out ..

In the series before that in Australia he averaged 48 with the bat ..

He averages 42 in Test cricket from 34 tests. Think you can count on one hand the keepers who average more having atleast played 30 tests..

He'd walk into most sides in the world..
Rizwan is more underrated if anything, there are very few keepers that average 40+ in all formats . He might be alone in that stat.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
What are you on about ?

Rizwan scored 298 runs vs Bangladesh in the last series @98.00 including a career best 171 not out ..

In the series before that in Australia he averaged 48 with the bat ..

He averages 42 in Test cricket from 34 tests. Think you can count on one hand the keepers who average more having atleast played 30 tests..

He'd walk into most sides in the world.
He's also a really lovely fella who you can see has a great rapport with the opposition. He does sledging in the right way.... cult figure at Sussex too, especially after he bowled a couple of overs in the style of Naseem!!

Kenneth Viljoen

International Regular
He's also a really lovely fella who you can see has a great rapport with the opposition. He does sledging in the right way.... cult figure at Sussex too, especially after he bowled a couple of overs in the style of Naseem!!
Hes a scapegoat for Pakistan fans who can't digest the fact that he's one of their best players . They always need someone to be a scapegoat

slowfinger

International Debutant
having gone from in semi-recent times, Kamran Akman, to Zulfiqur Haider, to Sarfraz Ahmed and now to Rizwan - I think Pakistan fan's may have some memory loss of the quality of their recent keepers ...

BazBall21

International Captain
Root and Brook have to be our Kratos and Atreus tommorrow
Don't think Brook has the experience on turning wickets and I think an elite player who throws their hands is probably a better bet here than an elite nudger and nurdler. I'd be impressed if we get close.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year

Vs Bangladesh literally 3 tests ago. Was also paks best batsmen in Australia before that.