• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James Anderson vs Kagiso Rabada

Who is the better test bowler?

• Rabada and it’s not close

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PlayerComparisons

International Regular
Unsurprisingly, Pollock and Anderson have the highest SR’s here. McGrath’s is also significantly higher, but he bowled a lot more comparatively.

Overs per match (decimals are number of balls 1-5)

McGrath - 39.2
Pollock - 37.3
Anderson - 35.3
Cummins - 33.5
Steyn - 33.2
Bumrah - 32.4
Rabada - 30.4
Tbf mcgraths SR would probably drop if he was playing today. Batsmen score more quickly these days.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
As far as I can remember, it was 4.727 before 2022. at that time bumrah had played 30 matches and picked 128 wickets, which would interpret into a wpm of 4.25 (numbers could be different tho, these are from my memory)
Precised memory to the 3rd decimal place..... Are you a Math major?

Johan

State 12th Man
Tbf mcgraths SR would probably drop if he was playing today. Batsmen score more quickly these days.
Counterpoint, there are less ATG Batsmen going around (only Smith and Root really) so he would've a better time, countries like Pakistan, Sri Lanka (bar recently), West Indies and India all have weaker battings.

think he'd be even better statistically today.

sayon basak

State Vice-Captain
Counterpoint, there are less ATG Batsmen going around (only Smith and Root really) so he would've a better time, countries like Pakistan, Sri Lanka (bar recently), West Indies and India all have weaker battings.

think he'd be even better statistically today.
What he means is that his strike rate would decrease due to batsmen giving their wickets away more frequently due to faster run scoring tendency. Your argument just strengthens his point.
Lower SR= better

_00_deathscar

International Regular
I don't know

like by raw skill I can see it but Rabada and cummins have been very unimpressive outside their natural habitat tbh (aus/Sa) so I don't know if I think Rabada is better, I def think Cummins more skillful but kinda feel like he won't have a superior career
Yea cos Anderson is SO impressive outside his natural habitat. The actual ****?