• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

BazBall21

International Captain
I did say before the series, a spin v spin type contest is a better bet for Pakistan than a road where England's batting will just overpower theirs.

BazBall21

International Captain
Anything in that 180-220 range would certainly be fun to watch because you suspect that England would try to chase that down in the session to try and "outrace" the conditions so to speak.
Tbf I can't begrudge that approach here. There's no point scratching around on such an unpredictable surface and it's not as though England have percentage type players. Just look to take smart attacking options

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Anything in that 180-220 range would certainly be fun to watch because you suspect that England would try to chase that down in the session to try and "outrace" the conditions so to speak.
Yeah, it's the sort of thing they could whizz to 2 down or get bowled out for 80. I suspect the latter....

Howe_zat

Audio File
England are barely clinging on, but clinging on nonetheless.

Problem is a jammy 40 from any of their lower order will probably take it out of reach.

Spark

Global Moderator
Tbf I can't begrudge that approach here. There's no point scratching around on such an unpredictable surface and it's not as though England have percentage type players. Just look to take smart attacking options
Yeah I didn't really have an issue with England still trying to attack a lot in the first innings. It's just the plans they had for attacking which I thought were dumb. Less forceful drives down the ground, more sweeps/reverse sweeps is what they needed.