• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Thought this line from Dobell summed things up quite nicely:

"Pakistan gambled on the repeated use of this pitch, gambled on their team selection and gambled on winning the toss."

Fair to say it paid off.

Silver Silva

International Regular
@Silver Silva could you please provide list of bowlers with the best bowling average this series? ( It would be great if you gave the batting list too)
Currently Sajid Khan has the best average with 7 wickets @15.85

Leading wicket takers (TOP 5)

1.Jack Leach - 11 wickets @27.15
2.Sajid Khan - 7 wickets @15.85
3.Brydon Carse - 7 wickets @27.14
4.Shoaib Bashir - 5 wickets @53.60
5.Gus Atkinson - 4 wickets @36.25

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Definitely is. If India or Australia had been the visitors this summer I’m sure he’d have played. But conversely I don’t think they think he’s the right choice down under.
Visiting finger spinners typically do it pretty hard down here. He’d not alone there

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Brilliant and rubbish at the same time. He's served up some pies but he's also bowled two rippers.
Too little too late, me thinks. Might dip his average back towards the mid 30s but doesn't make up for a very poor first innings from him that you could decide is nigh on the main factor in the likely result.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Too little too late, me thinks. Might dip his average back towards the mid 30s but doesn't make up for a very poor first innings from him that you could decide is nigh on the main factor in the likely result.
I'd say the toss is looking the main factor. 11 wickets fell in the first 5 sessions, 12 have gone in the next 2.

But even now, he just can't land 6 balls in the same place.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
I'd say the toss is looking the main factor. 11 wickets fell in the first 5 sessions, 12 have gone in the next 2.

But even now, he just can't land 6 balls in the same place.
Not going to argue with that, just saying that a better performance in the first innings might have meant circa 40-50 runs less from Pakistan and at least a very competitive last innings each. Even if Pakistan are rolled over for 150 that is way too much for us to chase.