• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to the 2025-26 Ashes

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You also have to factor in the possibility of him not being available due to a felony assault. You can never tell with Ben when or when not he'll decide to beat someone up
When he sees homophobia he can't help leaping into action. He's actually a hero

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well Khawaja, Marnus, Smith, Head, Cummins, Hazlewood, Starc and Lyon are hardly a bad lot
Incredibly overrated bunch tbh.

Starc, Lyon, Khawaja, Marnus, Head are average Test cricketers

Smith, Cummins and haze are class. But none of the others would make the 06/07 side

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I will enjoy his multi-ton series next year so much, because what will Burgey and his minions cling to then to try and talk down the greatest batsman in the world?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What 14 tests sample size now? no
Well I posted on this somewhere else yesterday. There’s no arguing that he was turd in the 13-14 series.

He had a decent tour in 17-18. In 21-22, he was still one of the highest scoring bats in the series despite disappointing so that context is important along with all of the external factors that heavily asterisk that joke series.

So three series. One in which he was being shunted up and down the order. One in which he went fairly well
albeit no ton. And then the bizarro tour of 21-22.

So I would say with context that yes, the sample size is not definitive. He’ll shut the debate down next year anyway.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah he edges persistent corridor bowling when there is extra B which is what C um/ Haze offer

Will average less than 40 next time
It’s been proven that Cummins can’t handle Bazball, so he’s a non entity in terms of next year’s series. Will probably be hiding at second change by then.

Bet you a tenner he does not average below 40

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I mean going back to the post I made that seemed to amuse Burgey, imagine actually arguing any of Langer, Hayden, Martyn, Hussey, Clarke or Symonds are better bats than Joe Root. I can’t fathom such stupidity

PlayerComparisons

International Regular
Nah he edges persistent corridor bowling when there is extra B which is what C um/ Haze offer

Will average less than 40 next time
He struggled in India and Australia will be far tougher than India for him. He might not even average over 30. Runs in Pakistan don’t mean you’re good enough to score in Australia.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He struggled in India and Australia will be far tougher than India for him. He might not even average over 30. Runs in Pakistan don’t mean you’re good enough to score in Australia.
He might not average over 10, or 20, or 30 or 500. Nobody knows. When you make these statements about Root, which you do a lot, it doesn’t add validity to them.

He had a few poor Tests in India, then turned it round. Prior to this Test he was averaging 90 since then. Obviously it will have dropped slightly.

He’s by some distance the best batsman in the world currently. Now that your ‘his average is going to drop under Bazball’ schtick has been exposed as complete folly you’re desperately clinging to something else. Go stand in the corner with Burgey while the rest of us appreciate a modern great.