• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To me, 8-11 should always be decided by their current career batting average. If you get your career average above that of the number 9, you get a promotion till the number 10 overtakes you again.
Well that doesn't work. Years ago we used to bat Hoggard above Harmison and Jones as Hoggy had a solid defence and could play for the better bat at the other end instead of slogging and getting out. The other two were far more likely to get runs but Hoggy could hang around and be nuisance value.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well that doesn't work. Years ago we used to bat Hoggard above Harmison and Jones as Hoggy had a solid defence and could play for the better bat at the other end instead of slogging and getting out. The other two were far more likely to get runs but Hoggy could hang around and be nuisance value.
Good example, though even Hoggy's blocking regressed by the end and he found himself back at 11

mackembhoy

International Regular
**** me they must be bored of doing these **** advertisements now
I mean it's no different to the constant laithwaites wine adverts.

Just the sponsors in Pakistan don't have English resources so have to do them during the play. Cheaper to get the guys already on comms than paying Stuart Broad to do an equally cringe advert that can be replayed all summer long.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
I mean it's no different to the constant laithwaites wine adverts.

Just the sponsors in Pakistan don't have English resources so have to do them during the play. Cheaper to get the guys already on comms than paying Stuart Broad to do an equally cringe advert that can be replayed all summer long.
Broad's acting made Cook's acting look like Daniel Day Lewis