• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to the 2025-26 Ashes

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A very early Test schedule lock-in from CA for the only test series which really matters, so may as well get this thread going now.

All the better to have Enlgand and Wales' false hope drag out for longer.

Main changes are Perth hosting the opener and the Gabba having the second test as a day-nighter, with Adelaide a traditional day time test in the lead up to Xmas. Naturally, Melbourne and Sydney round out the usual Australia white-wash.

Test Schedule

First TestPerth Stadium November 21-25, 2025
Second TestThe Gabba (D/N)December 4-8, 2025
Third TestAdelaide OvalDecember 17-21, 2025
Fourth Test MCG December 26-30, 2025
Fifth Test SCGJanuary 4-8, 2026

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
A very early Test schedule lock-in from CA for the only test series which really matters, so may as well get this thread going now.

All the better to have Enlgand and Wales' false hope drag out for longer.

Main changes are Perth hosting the opener and the Gabba having the second test as a day-nighter, with Adelaide a traditional day time test in the lead up to Xmas. Naturally, Melbourne and Sydney round out the usual Australia white-wash.

Test Schedule

First TestPerth Stadium November 21-25, 2025
Second TestThe Gabba (D/N)December 4-8, 2025
Third TestAdelaide OvalDecember 17-21, 2025
Fourth TestMCGDecember 26-30, 2025
Fifth Test SCGJanuary 4-8, 2026
Quite handy for watching in the UK. We'll be able to watch the last couple of sessions at acceptable times of each of the First and Second Tests when we still harbour some hope, then totally ignore the last 3 when we've packed it in.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It'll be interesting to see if Stokes gets to this series. I hope he does and is fit enough to bowl, but he's getting on and there must be some doubts about his knee holding up well enough for him to still be bowling by then. Long way off though. I presume they'd play him as a batsman anyway, having said all that.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
It'll be interesting to see if Stokes gets to this series. I hope he does and is fit enough to bowl, but he's getting on and there must be some doubts about his knee holding up well enough for him to still be bowling by then. Long way off though. I presume they'd play him as a batsman anyway, having said all that.
His knee is actually holding up ok at the mo, it was the hamstring that caused the latest issue. When fit, he seems to be able to bowl one longish spell a day, which is fine if he's part of a 4 seamer attack. His leadership is obviously pretty key to the team. We do seem to be building up a bowling attack now that looks like it could be quite useful in Aus. Atkinson, Potts, Carse, Wood, even potentially Archer too, whilst the Top 7 looks totally locked in (Smith being a really strong addition).

We obviously start as massive underdogs as usual, but a couple of injuries to Aussie bowlers could offer some hope, I'm not convinced by the back up to the main 4.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Our poor record for Perth no doubt the reason Oz want to start there. England are a massively superior team to Australia so hard to see anything other than a resounding away win.

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
England have won their last [1] Tests in a row, so are probably slight favourites here.

Will be interested in how Brook and Atkinson go (assuming they are fit in a year's time) but my main hope for the series will be that Root finally tons up in Oz (and then does so again in the following 4 Tests).

Gob

International Coach
England have won their last [1] Tests in a row, so are probably slight favourites here.

Will be interested in how Brook and Atkinson go (assuming they are fit in a year's time) but my main hope for the series will be that Root finally tons up in Oz (and then does so again in the following 4 Tests).
Pretty sure mighty Joe will continue to offer catching practice to cordon of Haze and Cummins as he usually does. Nothing else to see here

Gob

International Coach
5 - 0
4 - 0
4 - 0

Jeez any other team and we are talking about limiting the series length to 2 tests

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
5 - 0
4 - 0
4 - 0

Jeez any other team and we are talking about limiting the series length to 2 tests
the 5-0 was fair game,ish, but the 4-0s are more asterisked than a Joe Kinnear press conference and you DAMN WELL KNOW IT

Gob

International Coach
You also have to factor in the possibility of him not being available due to a felony assault. You can never tell with Ben when or when not he'll decide to beat someone up