• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 Women's T20 World Cup thread

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
If you were Australia before the tournament and offered a Faustian pact: You would lose Healy and Vlaeminck to injury but there would be no India or England in the semi-finals, the only consideration being winning the tournament, would you take it? I probably would.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
If any of the first 3 drops were taken I suspect England could’ve won, but would hardly have deserved it. Also paid for a lacklustre batting display against Bangladesh which did for their NRR.

The Aussies were always big faves, but even more so now. Such a disappointing effort from England, but their squad always seemed imbalanced. Some really need to work on basic fielding and fitness.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Ha Ha, I am not so sure my team can get past the Crimettes. We have beaten them once in "live" t20 and Odi's before but we are really big time underdogs.
WI hadn’t beaten England in a T20 outside the Caribbean for 10 years….

There’s always a chance, especially if the likes of Wolvaardt or Kapp get going.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great upset, NZ v WI will be an interesting semi final.
Yeah, really could go either way. We haven't played them in T20s since we toured there in September/October 2022 - we won that series 4-1, but that was against a weaker line-up than this.

They knocked us out in the semi-finals (by six runs) when they won this tournament in 2016.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well said,

"Within the West Indies, I think a lot of the islands can always be against each other, but the one thing that does bring the entire West Indies together is cricket and the passion that the people have for the game is massive. It just brings our whole region together as one for the only time probably."- Hayley Matthews

josephina

Cricket Spectator
lose Healy and Vlaeminck
I don't think anyone cares about losing Vlaeminck. Australia have so many bowlers Perry doesn't have to bowl and Darcie Brown only bowled one over in each of her matches.

Healy is a bigger loss. Grace Harris did a good job opening last game and will probably do it again. There is a lot of depth when you can have Sutherland at 8.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
I still think that if there's any year that Aus are vulnerable it's this year.
I always thought England were most vulnerable against the WI because they have some big hitters who if they get away could cause some damage. That was helped by a poor first over from Bell and astonishingly awful fielding. What Aus have though is the metronomic accuracy of Schutt up front who just doesn't give anything away, a far more reliable fielding unit and a stupidly long batting line up. I expect Aus to win again and do it easily.

England in particular now need a long hard look at what is going on. Is Lewis the right coach? Why is there no obvious successor to Knight (I think that was a major factor in the field yesterday)? Why are some players so out of shape (particularly ones who didn't use to be)? One trophy now in 15 years (thanks to an Indian implosion) is poor when there's so little competition.