• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to India in Australia 2024-25

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd somehow never thought about it but it is honestly truly bizarre that they don't plan this out better so this doesn't keep happening during tours. It's not like the FTP is some mystery and the fact of this tour has somehow snuck up on everyone in the last few months, or that pregnancy duration is, like, dice-rolled or something.
Surely this is not a serious post Spark?

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Plenty of Indian parents time their conception so their kids can avail of 14th amendment rights in the States so it's hardly scandalous to suggest that material considerations might/could potentially factor into the business of childbirth. Sounds crude to say it out loud but eh. Obviously stakes not as high when you have 9000 Test runs under your belt.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Even if a player had a child during IPL, they'd only miss a few games because usually there's only about 2 games per week for each team.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even if a player had a child during IPL, they'd only miss a few games because usually there's only about 2 games per week for each team.
Not to worry, in such cases Ambuja Cements will pay for the abortion so you’re available for the playoffs.

Thala_0710

U19 Debutant
@aus_fans With his brilliant talent and fantastic start to the Shield campaign, would Sam Konstas be in the mix for an opening slot alongside Khawaja in the BGT? Whatever little I've seen of him, he looks quite good and possibly better than any of the other options you have available.
Or is it too early as of now?

the big bambino

International Captain
@aus_fans With his brilliant talent and fantastic start to the Shield campaign, would Sam Konstas be in the mix for an opening slot alongside Khawaja in the BGT? Whatever little I've seen of him, he looks quite good and possibly better than any of the other options you have available.
Or is it too early as of now?

He shouldn’t be considered, though given the alternatives of Harris Bancroft and Renshaw and that none of the established players are volunteering to open, if he keeps scoring runs he will be.

the big bambino

International Captain
But wouldn't it be bad idea to give a young player debut against gun indian attack

It would and for that reason I’d prefer to pick one of Harris Renshaw or Bancroft and hopefully get something out of them and just let Konstas continue in the shield.

My preference is Bancroft but his form has been the worst of the hopeless 3.

govinda indian fan

State 12th Man
It would and for that reason I’d prefer to pick one of Harris Renshaw or Bancroft and hopefully get something out of them and just let Konstas continue in the shield.

Renshaw had great start to his test career 184 vs pak couple of 50s in india sad that he couldnt captilse on it

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain

Would be incredibly slow starts with past it Usman and Bancroft batting at snails pace.
Don't think Australia is accustomed to it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Plenty of Indian parents time their conception so their kids can avail of 14th amendment rights in the States so it's hardly scandalous to suggest that material considerations might/could potentially factor into the business of childbirth. Sounds crude to say it out loud but eh. Obviously stakes not as high when you have 9000 Test runs under your belt.
Mate... you dont seem like you are married. Or if all your friends are just NRIs. There is more to life than just software professionals working in the promised land.

the big bambino

International Captain
Not like there are many options though. but you have me thinking of an out of field fast scorer who could be used as an opener. Might have a scrounge around the shield to see if there’s anyone.

Looking at averages and run rates there aren’t many candidates outside of the failed 3. Harris seems to have the best combination of ave and run rate overall.

I’ve looked at turning someone like McDermott as a pinch opener but he doesn’t have an especially good run rate to pick him in that role. The best of the failed 3 is Harris while outside them you could pick the man PEWs likes, Sam Whiteman, or Mad dog who’s ave and run rate are comparatively good - but he’s just finished a bad match. A left field pick could be Inglis.

Qlder

International Debutant
The best of the failed 3 is Harris while outside them you could pick the man PEWs likes, Sam Whiteman, or Mad dog who’s ave and run rate are comparatively good - but he’s just finished a bad match. A left field pick could be Inglis.
Surely all 2024 Shield runs count where Maddinson has scored 3 centuries in his 5 shield matches this year?

If he's counted out for one bad match then you might as well pick Konstas for his one good match

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
Surely all 2024 Shield runs count where Maddinson has scored 3 centuries in his 5 shield matches this year?

If he's counted out for one bad match then you might as well pick Konstas for his one good match
He is one outside the failed 3 I've mentioned. He's been good for a few seasons now. I have a suspicion the selectors don't rate him.