• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2024–25 Australian Domestic Season

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't have the figures off the top of my head, but he averages only a shade under 40 since moving here to South Australia

Also, absolutely this 100%
Pretty sure that you’re right and might be above 40 now

Selectors obviously rate him as I think he captained Australia A

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Making an early call on Jack Nisbet. Reckon he's going to have a prodigious career. There's a lot of young Glenn McGrath about him and if he can end up half the bowler he'll have done well

Starfighter

Don't have the figures off the top of my head, but he averages only a shade under 40 since moving here to South Australia
According to CricketArchive its 37.5.

Of course players can succeed at test level without brilliant first class statistics - look at Harry Brook. But Brook was averaging more than McSweeney is now and had more centuries when he was two years younger. I like McSweeney and have thought he's got some talent since his 84 in the BBL nearly two years ago. But I just don't see him having that meteoric rise Brook's had (and unlike McCullum, McDonald doesn't seem to be one to inspire big performances).

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
According to CricketArchive its 37.5.

Of course players can succeed at test level without brilliant first class statistics - look at Harry Brook. But Brook was averaging more than McSweeney is now and had more centuries when he was two years younger. I like McSweeney and have thought he's got some talent since his 84 in the BBL nearly two years ago. But I just don't see him having that meteoric rise Brook's had (and unlike McCullum, McDonald doesn't seem to be one to inspire big performances).
Brook got picked off the back of averaging like 100 for Yorkshire in div one,tbf. Mcsweeney hasn't had the extreme run that got brook picked.

Starfighter

Brook got picked off the back of averaging like 100 for Yorkshire in div one,tbf. Mcsweeney hasn't had the extreme run that got brook picked.
That's pretty much what I mean though. Despite two more years McSweeney hasn't had that season that shows he can go big. If he's averaging mid-high 30s across seasons now, it's hard for me to see him averaging 45+ in tests in the near future. Look at Head, his average has come back down so his test and FC averages are very close.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
According to CricketArchive its 37.5
Oh, must say that is a little bit below what I thought

Probably a bit of a side effect of the rest of the South Australia top and middle order being so prone to to collapse, he has been the only one up there to show some sort of consistency over the last couple of years. Fair enough to say it would be better if he had have properly dominated for a stretch of time, but I would still easily take him over anyone younger who has barely played much Shield cricket at all

As for the game situation, this was definitely peteting out to a draw a while back. Still, will take that quite happily considering the score was 4/23 earlier this morning

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Batting averages at Junction oval.

Marcus Harris - 72.1

Allan Border - 46.8

Steve Waugh - 40

Cameron White - 36

Mike Hussey - 35

Travis Dean - 29.1

David Boon - 29

Bob Simpson - 27.6

Dean Jones - 24.7

Darren Lehmann - 24.1

Aaron Finch - 23.66

Sam Loxton - 21.7

Michael Bevan - 21.25

Sachin Tendulkar - 19

Bill Lawry - 18.7

Glenn Maxwell - 17.8

Chris Gayle - 17

Mark Taylor - 14.5

Stuart Law - 13.2

VVS Laxman - 1

Burgey in shambles.

Starfighter

Making an early call on Jack Nisbet. Reckon he's going to have a prodigious career. There's a lot of young Glenn McGrath about him and if he can end up half the bowler he'll have done well
I've quite liked the look of him too. He reminds me of Atkinson more than anyone else. I'm curious about what pace he actually bowls.

That said he'll almost certainly spend the next ten years with back injuries, because that seems to be the fate of all of our promising bowlers.

Qlder

International Debutant
Too early I know, but after the first round of Shield do we already have the Aus A top 7 penciled in to play India A on 31 October?

1. Konstas
2. Harris
3. McSweeney (c)
4. Handscomb
5. Davies
6. Philippe (+)
7. Webster

(assuming Hardie and Inglis would likely be in the white ball squads vs Pakistan)

Hopefully Maddinson can get some runs next round and replace Harris or Handscomb