• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

kevinw

International 12th Man
How many times have England won a test despite shipping 500 in the oppo's first innings under McCullum? Rawalpindi in 2022. Any others?

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
So I didn’t watch the test. Did the pitch actually deteriorate or was this just a classic Pakistani collapse?
It didn't deteriorate. I think England making that many runs just crushed them physically and mentally. They were already a team in a massive rut, it was too much.

King Kane

International Debutant
A predictable Pakistan loss but at least their lower order added some respectability to their total after their shocking top order collapse yesterday.

Johan

State 12th Man
So I didn’t watch the test. Did the pitch actually deteriorate or was this just a classic Pakistani collapse?
there were hints of the ball reversing and pacers getting a little help as early as Root/Duckett partnership and felt England looked a little vulnerable when Root and Brook partnership started but they both outbatted Pakistan out of the game and after those two the pitch felt reasonable for English lower order and pakistan's inning.

Root and Brook will rightly take the plaudits, but a massive well done to the bowlers on an absolute road, Atkinson, Carse and Leach have done really well, even Woakes and Bashir came up with some magic balls from time to time even if it didn’t quite work for them