• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jacques Kallis vs Younis Khan

Who is the greater test batsman?

• Younis and it’s not close

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Younis but it’s close

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

capt_Luffy

International Captain
saying a statement implying a comparison between Kallis and Younis is insulting to Kallis, is insulting to Younis is deeply insulting to Kallis.
The implication that saying a statement implying a comparison between Kallis and Younis being insulting to Kallis is actually insulting to Younis being deeply insulting to Kallis is in reality Super deeply insulting to Younis.

kyear2

International Coach
Saying comparison with Younis being insulting to Kallis is insulting to Younis.
We can agree to disagree. Younis was a great batsman, probably even a bit underrated. Kallis is an ATG and top 15 batsman of all time and a Sobers away from being a lock for a first team XI

capt_Luffy

International Captain
We can agree to disagree. Younis was a great batsman, probably even a bit underrated. Kallis is an ATG and top 15 batsman of all time and a Sobers away from being a lock for a first team XI
Younis was a God in Asia and not too poor away. I don't think, in practicality, the difference between them is anywhere near being stated here. Same with De Villiers, Kohli, Root, Compton, Miandad, Walcott or Weekes.

kyear2

International Coach
Younis was a God in Asia and not too poor away. I don't think, in practicality, the difference between them is anywhere near being stated here. Same with De Villiers, Kohli, Root, Compton, Miandad, Walcott or Weekes.
Not too poor?

One is an ATG batsman, the other isn't.

One makes any short list for an AT XI and features in any such discussions. One doesn't.

Sorry, it's just not close in my opinion.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Not too poor?

One is an ATG batsman, the other isn't.

One makes any short list for an AT XI and features in any such discussions. One doesn't.

Sorry, it's just not close in my opinion.
Sorry, but that way classification of players is plain ass. ATG and making AT team shortlists are very subjective and unsound way of judging players. And Kallis won't be on the shortlist only as a batsman anyways.

Bolo.

International Captain
Why are a bunch of people rating Younis so low? I didn't pay much attention to him in his career cos he happened to be a bit meh when I was watching him, but he has a seriously impressive record.

Johan

State 12th Man
Why are a bunch of people rating Younis so low? I didn't pay much attention to him in his career cos he happened to be a bit meh when I was watching him, but he has a seriously impressive record.
He is underrated a bit here, just like Kane Williamson, though I guess I just have Kallis very high

Johan

State 12th Man
The implication that saying a statement implying a comparison between Kallis and Younis being insulting to Kallis is actually insulting to Younis being deeply insulting to Kallis is in reality Super deeply insulting to Younis.
The conception that the implication of a comparision between Kallis and Younis being disrespectful to Kallis, actually being conceptually disrespectul to Younis, being disrespectful to Kallis, actually being disrespectful to Younis is very disrespectful in actuality towards Kallis.