• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

Silver Silva

International Regular
If they make lottery pitch like second test vs india then sl are favourites but if they make fair pitches then they are tough to beat at which will make task harder for you
I will discuss more of this when the appropriate thread comes around. But I believe we are battle hardened in test cricket this year. We whitewashed a tricky Bangladesh side in Bangladesh, were competitive in England and then dealt with New Zealand at home so it will be tough but there is no reason to be scared of winning in SA.

govinda indian fan

State 12th Man
I will discuss more of this when the appropriate thread comes around. But I believe we are battle hardened in test cricket this year. We whitewashed a tricky Bangladesh side in Bangladesh, were competitive in England and then dealt with New Zealand at home so it will be tough but there is no reason to be scared of winning in SA.
Yes bro all the best🙂 hope you guys do well

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
No, no it's not. Wi are 3rd class level tbh
It's close. Pakistan can't buy a win at home and would be mostly uncompetitive in SENA. I would probably still have them above WI because I suspect they'd do better in WI than WI will in Pakistan, but it's increasingly debatable. Pakistan are doing shockingly bad now unfortunately.

Last edited:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Brook's the real deal and Root at the moment is leading the Fab 4 by a margin greater than it's ever been between no.1 and the rest. At least Smith in his prime had Kohli reasonably close on his heels and KW/Root not far behind, but Root right now is almost lapping the next best. And he's just 33 still too. Hope his run continues and he bumps Tendulkar off the list. If he does, chances are it won't be in the lame manner that Tendulkar finished his career.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The bowling is very good at home assuming it consists of: Seales, Shamar, Motie and Roach/Holder. Away no chance and the batting is honestly the worst I've seen since I've been following cricket. So Pakistan >>WI.
That's why I was saying, partially. I stand behind this bowling as it goes through a phase of growth with the younger guys delivering. Rome wasn't built in a day...and looking at the way Pakistan is going with their business at the moment...they are more dire than us.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Regular
Brook's the real deal and Root at the moment is leading the Fab 4 by a margin greater than it's ever been between no.1 and the rest. At least Smith in his prime had Kohli reasonably close on his heels and KW/Root not far behind, but Root right now is almost lapping the next best. And he's just 33 still too. Hope his run continues and he bumps Tendulkar off the list. If he does, chances are it won't be in the lame manner that Tendulkar finished his career.
The best ability is availability, while Kohli is skipping tours for weddings and babies , Williamson ducking the hard tours and Smith stupidly toying with being an opener at 35 , Joe Root has quietly gone about his business racking hundred after hundred . He's number 1 in my eyes out of the Fab 4 lot.

PaulLennon

U19 Cricketer
yup plus elgar is gone who was like half their batting.

PaulLennon

U19 Cricketer
The bowling is very good at home assuming it consists of: Seales, Shamar, Motie and Roach/Holder. Away no chance and the batting is honestly the worst I've seen since I've been following cricket. So Pakistan >>WI.
i think it will be 1-1 in feb. pak batting is pretty bad too. the home pitches make them look better than they are.