• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Records and Milestones thread

Qlder

International Debutant
With his 62* and 3-35 vs Scotland Cam Green is now one of only 5 Aussies to get a 50 and 3 wkts in a T20I

Other four are
Stoinis - 67* & 3-19
M. Marsh - 75 & 3-24
Maxwell - 103* & 3-10
Watson - 72 & 3-34, 59 & 4-15, 51 & 3-26

FBU

International Debutant

@RicFinlay

I make India's scoring rate over the Test v Bangladesh, 7.36 runs per over, to be the highest in all Tests, easily eclipsing RSA's 6.80 v Zim in 2004-05. The 312 balls they faced is the 4th-lowest in all Tests for a side to win. (Lowest: 276 balls, Eng v WI, 1934-35)

Ali TT

International Regular
This is now the largest test partnership between Joe Root and Harry Brook, passing the 302 in Wellington in 2023.

Howe_zat

Audio File
This is now the largest test partnership between Joe Root and Harry Brook, passing the 302 in Wellington in 2023.
These are the #1 and #2 partnerships under Stokes-McCullum. This one was scored at a run rate of 4.84, which of the six 200+ stands of the era is the slowest.

1728539561680.png

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
I guess Carse just added his name to the list of players whose first scoring shot in cricket was a 6.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Even if Root gets a duck (if he plays a second innings) he will finish this test with his average above 51 for the first time in 6 years! Congrats!

Also 73 matches, basically his entire second half of his career!
It's crazy to think that his average didn't drop below 49 for the majority as well!

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
I guess Carse just added his name to the list of players whose first scoring shot in cricket was a 6.
Does that list exist anywhere?

Iirc Mark Craig hit the first ball he faced in Tests for 6. I think Pant got off the mark with a 6. Has anyone else done it?

(For those wondering, Woakes hit his first ball in Tests for 4.)

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Iirc Mark Craig hit the first ball he faced in Tests for 6. I think Pant got off the mark with a 6. Has anyone else done it?

Not test cricket, but India’s current T20I skipper struck his first ball in international cricket for a 6

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Seen this stat and not sure if it's correct, but utterly daft if it is:

England's total is the 4th highest on record, but not even in the top 1,000 of longest (overs faced). Have there really been over 1,000 innings of 150 overs or more from 2,553 Tests?

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Seen this stat and not sure if it's correct, but utterly daft if it is:

England's total is the 4th highest on record, but not even in the top 1,000 of longest (overs faced). Have there really been over 1,000 innings of 150 overs or more from 2,553 Tests?
I mean, given everything Pakistan played just a single over less.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Shikhar Dhawan, apparently.