• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

Spark

Global Moderator
but that is clearly what he was asked to do and it was right for the team in the circumstances. I admit I get annoyed with England players who get themselves in normal conditions and then get themselves out with the job not done, but in this situation I can't blame the guy. I've watched enough of him to know he can actually play conventionally. Just did a job for the team and the declaration total isn't so far away.
It's more how he did it than his mindset. He's too good a player with too many shots to just mindlessly slog, he could have scored faster and more intelligently with a more thoughtful method.

Johan

State 12th Man
a 300-320 lead is the way, mental preassure of another level combined with our bowlers being well rested for days now, except for Rootalitharan ofcourse.

Shri

Mr. Glass
you're as dumb as he is
he will suck in india

will be lucky to average 20

good sides don't even need to plan against him. bowl dry outside off for 10 minutes and he will get out on his own

luckily for him he's playing against brain dead pakistan

Spark

Global Moderator
@Burgey famously said Harry Brook is a nothing batsman who will be forgotten

Hahaha. He talks some rot
I meaaaaan. I don't want to be harsh but it is absolutely the case that the Brook in Pakistan and Brook literally everywhere else are Test players with very, very different records right now. It truly is one of the most extreme statistical anomalies you'll find.

EDIT: Oh there's NZ too I suppose. But even then, his Pakistan record dominates his overall record to a comical degree