• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The pitch is a road but Pakistan's bowling attack has left a lot to be desired, only Naseem has troubled England's batsmen, he should have got Root out.

Their spinners have been awful, what they would give for an Abdul Qadir right now or even a Mushtaq Ahmed, two all time great Pakistani leg spinners.
I think Abdul Qadir would have been more use this week and he's been dead for years.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
They could argue that the 10 years without it had ruined the pitches and they need time...
I don't really buy that. Their pitches have always been like that, but Pakistan have usually had far better bowlers than now. When you look back at 2005 and Shoaib Akhtar charging in compared to this, it is night and day. With the way that players go about batting now, there needs to be a change. On comms this morning before I left for work, there was a suggestion they should try drop in pitches, because the natural clay content doesn't allow to produce pitches that will either provide pace or the wear that will allow for a more even battle.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't really buy that. Their pitches have always been like that, but Pakistan have usually had far better bowlers than now. When you look back at 2005 and Shoaib Akhtar charging in compared to this, it is night and day. With the way that players go about batting now, there needs to be a change. On comms this morning before I left for work, there was a suggestion they should try drop in pitches, because the natural clay content doesn't allow to produce pitches that will either provide pace or the wear that will allow for a more even battle.
It's not a great attack and it's not the most inspiring Captain, but England were still creative enough to take 10 and miss a few others too. If Woakes had taken that boundary catch off Salman, Pakistan would be in a heap of trouble right now.

Pakistan have really not tried much, that leg side filth this morning was shocking and glad it finally got wided.

Ali TT

International Regular
Pakistan lacking good spinners is a key reason why they're a bit stuck. It's very difficult to identify a type of pitch that specifically suits them really. Obviously these pitches are particularly awful for spectators.
When South Africa toured just after they started hosting again, the scores were quite low but not sure what caused that to be an even battle, with pace and spin taking wickets.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
When South Africa toured just after they started hosting again, the scores were quite low but not sure what caused that to be an even battle, with pace and spin taking wickets.
Some help for spin in those pitches for sure, and SAF are very dodgy v spin. It was at the height of Hasan Ali's purple patch.