• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

Spark

Global Moderator
Never been done. The highest second-high score in a team innings is Sangakkara's 287 against South Africa, in the same innings that Jayawardene hit 374.

Note: Please keep posting record batting queries in this thread, I'm an absolute pig in muck here.
Tbf I see they're still a hundred runs from that Voges/Marsh partnership which spawned like a dozen different memes, so really is this partnership all that good yet?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ah Harry, what a shot

I had a hellacious Saturday night/Sunday morning thanks to my daughter thinking it was appropriate to bring half of the postcode into the house while I was sleeping. This meant on Sunday night I was zonked and able to much more easily reset my sleep pattern to be up for start of play each day. I should probably thank her because it meant getting to watch this magnificent partnership this morning. But I’m still mad about all the food they ate

Silver Silva

International Regular
400 run partnership up ..

All time Record for the 4th wicket partnership is 449 between Adam Voges and Shaun Marsh ,this partnership just went pass Frank Worrell and Garry Sobers 399 vs England in 1957 to be 4th on the list

King Kane

International Debutant
A 400 run partnership between Root and Brook.

It would be easy to say that Brook is just cashing in on a flat pitch but he is starting to look like a proper test batsman playing a long innings like this.

Batting with Root in a long partnership like this one and learning off him would help him enormously.

Howe_zat

Audio File
According to the 1957 scorecard, the England record partnership of 411 between Cowdrey and May took 500 minutes, which is roughly double the length of this one (256 minutes aws). They didn't record balls faced at the time but I suspect the discrepancy would be quite a bit bigger.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
A 400 run partnership between Root and Brook.

It would be easy to say that Brook is just cashing in on a flat pitch but he is starting to look like a proper test batsman playing a long innings like this.

Batting with Root in a long partnership like this one and learning off him would help him enormously.
Good chance of breaking May and Cowdrey's partnership record now.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I mean is this a completely prank pitch or something?

I've not watched any of this match so far (about to stick it on), but it seems to me that in this series and the last time England toured every surface was a complete road.