• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
Can anybody remember the last time 2 English batsman hit a double century in the same innings?

I'm wondering whether it happened when Pietersen cracked a double that same time too.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Remember when Herath refused to bowl to Pietersen who was switch hitting because he saw the future of test cricket and tried to stop it?

He was right.

King Kane

International Debutant
As dull as this batathon has been on a flat pitch it's great to have Gower commentating this series, I still don't know why Sky got rid of him for UK tests.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
As dull as this batathon has been a flat pitch it's great to have Gower commentating this series, I still don't know why Sky got rid of him for UK test series
Guilt by association with Botham I think. Botham was never a very good commentator whereas David is excellent.

King Kane

International Debutant
Guilt by association with Botham I think. Botham was never a very good commentator whereas David is excellent.
I can see why Sky got rid of Botham, I enjoyed his commentary at times but he was also quite boorish and biased and sulked when England were losing.

Ch7 got him out to Australia to commentate the last Ashes series there and he spent most of the time sulking before he packed it in and went home.

Gower is more level headed and he can still commentate professionally and keep his sense of humour even if England aren't doing that well.

He is all class as a commentator as he was as a batsman.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Can anybody remember the last time 2 English batsman hit a double century in the same innings?

I'm wondering whether it happened when Pietersen cracked a double that same time too.
Fowler and Getting in Chennai 1984. A knock also involving battling the effects of an Asian summer.

'“I remember the last over of the day, Gatt’s on strike and I think Ravi Shastri had bowled his first ball. Gatt said: ‘You’ve done enough for today, get back your end.’ So I just stood still and had my eyes closed and I thought: ‘I only have to count to five and that’s the end of the day.’ I got to three and the umpire called over. I’d actually fallen asleep for two balls.”

King Kane

International Debutant
Brook and Root with the highest ever test partnership vs Pakistan, at least we are seeing some records getting broken even if there aren't many wickets.

mackembhoy

International Regular
Brook is so good to watch. The way he made room to drive on the off. Wonderful
He's so good. I just wish he'd put away these daft manufactured slap shots to the short ball he does at home.

His game is that good I'm sure he can find another way to play the short ball and still score boundaries.